Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not even wanted a Corvette for years! Then I spot a C7 at the dealership and owned it that day. Now I have a friend that needs a mini van, and I have one 4 sale. He has a 94 C4 with 200K miles on it. The car is in really good shape for 200k but does need a few odds and ins. He wants to trade title for title strait across! The van I have is 05 Dodge Gr Caravan with 109k miles and every thing works and does not need any thing at all.

Is this a good deal for me or do I just have Corvette fever????

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have not even wanted a Corvette for years! Then I spot a C7 at the dealership and owned it that day. Now I have a friend that needs a mini van, and I have one 4 sale. He has a 94 C4 with 200K miles on it. The car is in really good shape for 200k but does need a few odds and ins. He wants to trade title for title strait across! The van I have is 05 Dodge Gr Caravan with 109k miles and every thing works and does not need any thing at all.

Is this a good deal for me or do I just have Corvette fever????
Sorry that I have more questions then answers before offering an opinion. Need to know...

What other vehicles you have, other than 0323 and the Caravan?

Your lifestyle is key in that two Cs don't leave you any flexibility for packing or carrying anything but basics. Do you fish, hunt, have sports-minded kids, go on vacation with a vehicle, and many other such questions. (As an ex-car sales guy, these questions and others come immediately to mind.) If you have a "people mover" vehicle in addition to the van, it's another story.

A good deal

I'm not sure if this is a question of a good deal. Clearly, the van has value though, with 109K you are best served in selling privately. If you want a loose value, use Kelly trade-in in fair value Blackbook will be less and demonstrates ACV or auction numbers. Notwithstanding the above, and forgive my ignorance, but I can't imagine that a 20 yr. old C4 has much value at all! You can sell the van fairly easily, I would think. Couples without a ton of money who have young kids are always looking. Selling the C4, if you wanted to, is a bigger question.

Your weather... I thought I just read another post/thread regarding the weather in TX. The van gives you the ability to drive when the Cs should not or cannot.

I'd suggest that you think about this from a daily operational view and not necessarily the deal. If you do have a versatile vehicle, in addition to the van, then it is about the 'deal', I guess. On that basis, and unless I'm missing something, your neighbor/friend is the winner. He gets exactly what he needs but I'm not sure what you get.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have other vehicles.
1 14 C7 (Mine)
2 11 Toyota Highlander W/3rd row (wife)
3 00 Dodge Dakota crew cab 4X4 (mine)
4 05 Dodge Gr Caravan (Extra) Currently 4 sale

I did look at NADA just for looking sake and here are the numbers on both
05 Caravan = Retail $6675 Trade 4375 Rough Trade 2875
94 Vette = Retail $6750 Trade 5000 Rough Trade 2550

The weather here gets cold from time to time but for the most part it is fair, I might use the 4X4 in the dodge 2 or 3 times a year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts