Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
So happy you posted this. the rates look incredible. I was concerned after calling my current car insurer Liberty Mutual and others that my rates for 3 vehicles would jump alot! I am thrilled with LelandsWest quotes!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Paying $213 a year on the C7 with Erie. 50-100G liab, Prop damage, 50G, Injury 50-100G, 1,000 deductible.
Erie for me too. I'm paid about twice what you are on the C6 due to increased coverage. Will be interesting to see if/how much it goes up with the C7.

·
Registered
283 Posts
My insurance went up $150 for the year over the challenger I had. I'm ok with it, as I figured it'd go up a little considering it went from covering a 30k car to a 70k+ car, haha!

·
Registered
17 Posts
wife has a 14 Equinox. Along with the Vette, our monthly went DOWN almost $100 from the Camaro and Equinox with Esurance. HAPPY!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Be careful here. I'm not saying this applies to this particular insurance company, but there are several insurance companies that have very attractive rates, but when you have a claim filed with them they don't perform like you thought they would, or should.
Oh, and one other thing. For example if you have a Stingray, make sure they don't rate it as a Z51 Stingray if you have the base model. That happened to me, and subsequently found out that it is not that uncommon. They don't do it intentionally in my opinion, but it could happen. For me Progressive refunded the excessive amount I paid that first 6 mos of that occurrence.

Reactions: Juliesvett and Norm

·
Registered
925 Posts
Insurance quotes vary tremendously depending on where you live, how your drive and of course your driving record. I seriously considered insuring through NCM but after reading all the exclusions about how and when you can drive I just added my C7 to my policy with USAA, been with them for almost 45 years. I have very high limits in conjunction with my Umbrella policy. Yes, I am paranoid about being sued and losing everything so I have very high limits. At least, I can drive my Corvette as much and whenever I want. I would be interested in feedback and experience from the company mentioned by the OP.

Here is one very negative post about them I found with a quick search: Leland West SUCKS for Agreed Value Insurance - Rennlist Discussion Forums

Reactions: Nitro C7

·
Registered
579 Posts
Paying $213 a year on the C7 with Erie. 50-100G liab, Prop damage, 50G, Injury 50-100G, 1,000 deductible.
Wow you guys sure under insure yourself. I always get 2 million liability. plus extended 3rd party Liability, Under insured motorist protection, Lose of use protection, Collision with 500 deductible regardless of fault,Comprehensive, Rental insurance coverage, New Vehicle protection coverage. @ $2200 Cdn a yr.

Coverage is your choice but Seriously you all need to better insure yourselves. Medical alone could ruin you in the states.

:tennis:

Reactions: rmorin49

·
Registered
925 Posts
Wow you guys sure under insure yourself. I always get 2 million liability. plus extended 3rd party Liability, Under insured motorist protection, Lose of use protection, Collision with 500 deductible regardless of fault,Comprehensive, Rental insurance coverage, New Vehicle protection coverage. @ $2200 a yr.

Coverage is your choice but Seriously you all need to better insure yourselves. Medical alone could ruin you in the states.

:tennis:

I agree wholeheartedly!! I'm not going to lose everything I worked so hard for all my life due to a friggin lawsuit.

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
My wife told me a story that happened to her before she and I met. Someone ran a red light, T-boned her, and then turned around and sued her. It's crazy out there.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Which is nowhere near enough... If you have any assets at all, you really need to up your coverage. I was sued, (unsucessfully), but the amount they wanted was more than my limits. If I lost, I'd be on the hook. In my case it would have been $300,000.00. Convinced my right away to get a liability umbrella policy. Actually very cheap...

That said, I'm paying $700 a year, 100/300/100 (1000 ded) with comp and collision. (in addition to the two mil umbrella) Since I have my house, cars, (4), motorcycles (2), atv, and homeowners, and home office policies with the same agent, I'm not too worried about price shopping.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Check with Nat. Corvette Museum. I have been with several stated value companies in the last 40 year and discoverd most used the same underwriter! So if your ins. co. is the same why not go with the lowest priced agent?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts