Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in adding a stage 2 front splitter and side skirts to my 2017 Grand Sport. As I weigh my options, I wanted to consult the masses. Corvette Mods has a stage 2 carbon fiber front splitter with tapered winglets (part #12916) available for $649, and matching carbon fiber Z06 style side skirts (part #13654) available for $799. Links to these items are below. The website does not name a manufacturer and I am left to assume that Corvette mods is manufacturing them...? The price-point attracts, but also scares me. Many stage 2 splitters and side skirts that are simply painted in carbon flash retail for a few hundred more, while the carbon fiber options are double that. Has anyone purchased and installed these specific items? Any idea of the fit and overall finish?

Front splitter:
https://www.corvettemods.com/C7-Cor...ont-Splitter-W-Tappered-Winglets_p_12916.html

Side Skirts:
https://www.corvettemods.com/C7-Cor...tyle-Carbon-Fiber-Side-Skirt-Set_p_13654.html

·
Registered
181 Posts
So I just made almost this exact same purchase last Friday. So I spent like 3 weeks reading post after post on this forum and corvette forum, as well as different manufactures websites. And after hours and hours of reasearch I came to what I honestly think is the best quality and best deal out there, scheduled for dilevery tomorrow so I can't say first hand but have the utmost confidence... ACS composite. If you talk to Joseph he can go into detail as to why there parts are superior. But from all I have reasearched they always fit perfectly and look perfect in pictures. Some of the other venders do not fit quite right (rockers to short) and after seeing how some of them have handled the situation I did Not want to get myself in that mess! Hope this helps and I will post pics asap.

https://acscomposite.com

Trent

Reactions: banjo and Mack

·
Registered
25 Posts
I purchased the Stage 2 splitter and skirts from G3 carbon. They took quite awhile to get delivered but arrived late last week. I intend to unpackage and inspect them this weekend. Would have done so already but they are definitely heavily packaged. I also did a ton of research before making my purchase. ACS was my second choice. Don't think you can go wrong with either choice to be honest. Would be happy to report on the quality once I open them if that would help you make your decision. Good luck.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I purchased the Stage 2 splitter and skirts from G3 carbon. They took quite awhile to get delivered but arrived late last week. I intend to unpackage and inspect them this weekend. Would have done so already but they are definitely heavily packaged. I also did a ton of research before making my purchase. ACS was my second choice. Don't think you can go wrong with either choice to be honest. Would be happy to report on the quality once I open them if that would help you make your decision. Good luck.
I also thought about G3 but seems to me that the side skirts usually end up about 1/4" short. Even the people that get them and post that they fit perfectly, their pictures show they are short, so not sure if people don't realize exactly how they should look or not? (Not that it looks horrible being short, I just want mine perfect) And I'm not 100% sure that they are all short but I have seen quite a few, and I would think they would all be the same. I will be excited to hear what you have to say on the fit of yours. Hope they are perfect for you. I will report back with mine as well!

·
Registered
10,646 Posts
Judge for yourself if mine from G3 Carbon are short. The first picture shows the front. The second one shows the rear. Both were taken right after they were installed.

Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Alloy wheel

·
Registered
181 Posts
Judge for yourself if mine from G3 Carbon are short. The first picture shows the front. The second one shows the rear. Both were taken right after they were installed.

I did say I didn't know if 100% of them were short, I also failed to mention that I believe it was more of an issue when installed on a base or Z51 body car, not a grand sport or Z06 body, maybe that has something to do with it. I didn't save the pictures I found either but there are many in the different threads on here. I was also just giving my honest opinion from the hours of research I did.

Reactions: rdslon01

·
Registered
10,646 Posts
I did say I didn't know if 100% of them were short, I also failed to mention that I believe it was more of an issue when installed on a base or Z51 body car, not a grand sport or Z06 body, maybe that has something to do with it. I didn't save the pictures I found either but there are many in the different threads on here. I was also just giving my honest opinion from the hours of research I did.
Below is a picture of a skirt from another vendor, which the car's owner defined as perfectly fitting. Zoom in to the front, see the final fitment for yourself, and compare.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Corvette stingray

That picture comes from this thread: http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...-2017-3lt-z51-arctic-white-c7-photoshoot.html.

I am going to say the following very carefully, because I like that car's owner (he is obviously an extremely intelligent guy whom I respect tremendously, his presence on the forum is very positive, and I thoroughly enjoy reading his posts), but I also like the vendor whose side skirts he initially had on his car before removing them.

I am not saying it is the case here, but, across many general aspects of life, sometimes people define things based on their feelings in the heat of the moment, or a particular set of circumstances, instead of on an unbiased metric.

In my opinion, let zoomed-in versions of the pictures be the metric (the "before changes" vendor's skirts which can be found in a thread which went ugly and I will not repost here, and the "after changes" vendor's skirts which can be seen above). Be sure to zoom in both cases, and use a feature on the car to judge relative distances and gaps. I use the distance from the outer edge of the flat spot which arcs around the wheel well opening to the innermost extent of the painted area around the wheel. Divide that distance up into percentages (for example, maybe one skirt covers 80% of that distance, or maybe they both do). Check that percentage for each installation, then compare for yourself, and reach your own conclusions.

I know there was some ugliness posted in that certain thread which I will not link. It cast a certain vendor in a bad light. I have purchased side skirts from that vendor, and I am very happy with their product. Others on here are happy as well. I think the reputation which came out of that ugliness, indicating that vendor has skirts which leave gaps after proper installation while the competition doesn't, is unfair.

In closing, I don't intend to start a lengthy discussion here, but I do think trying to dispel what I believe to be unwarranted reputations (based on the metrics above) is appropriate.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I actually like the ones that came on the car and after Expelling them, I think they look great and certainly would not be that much better if I paid another $1500 or so for them....

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Where can I purchase the least expensive splitter and side skirt package. A used set up works too.
C7underway, as more company's get on board and build them the overall price drops, make sure that you research the design, type and fitment that you want on your C7 masterpiece. Good luck with your quest.

SF
Rick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts