Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some information on Museum deliveries. Once a new Corvette is scheduled and in production, how long does it take to be able to pick up your car at the museum?
This will be my 3rd Corvette but my first museum delivery.
Thanks,
Hatchette

·
Administrator
15,906 Posts
The NCM will contact you and provide you with a estimate of when your C8 will be available for pick up at the NCM. Note that there is a required 10 to 14 day QC hold between when it is finished production and the PDI is completed by the NCM.

Reactions: StingraySam

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hatchette, if all goes well, it will be delivered to the museum within a few days of rolling off the line. There is, as jsvette said, a brief QC hold. The reason for the QC hold is to make sure no problems are discovered at the assembly plant such as, say, a batch of bad alternators from a supplier, that effect your car. That way, it can be returned to the factory for correction. The NCM doesn’t want you breaking down on your drive home. Wouldn’t that be a bummer?

During that time (QC hold) they’ll be doing the PDI (pre-delivery inspection) where they unwrap the car, inspect it for anomalies, check fluid levels, assemble any items that are not assembled prior to shipping (like floor mats, which are packed in the trunk), and put on any dealer accessories you’ve ordered. During that time you’ll be busy completing paperwork with the dealership where you purchased the car, financing paperwork with your lender, if you’re financing, getting your temporary license tags, and gathering copies of the paperwork the NCM needs to release the car to you.

Also, if you fly into Nashville, 45 minutes away, NCM has a deal with one of the rental car agencies where you can pick up the rental car at Nashville airport and drop it off at the NCM. Your NCM coordinator can provide you with the info you need on that.

The NCM staff are great and they make it as straightforward as possible. They do a fabulous job of familiarizing you with your new Corvette. You’ll usually be able to take museum delivery about three weeks after your Corvette rolls off the line.

And BTW, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I'm picking up my C8 a t the NCM 20 days after it rolled off the line. I could have done it 2 days earlier but I choose the later date. The NCM is really busy right now with R8C deliveries.

Reactions: jsvette

·
Registered
46 Posts
Congrats, Zmurgy!! I’m sure you’ll have a great time. I understand they’re including track laps in one of their C8s as part of R8C. That should be fun! If you haven’t been on the NCM Motorsport Park track, you’re in for a treat. Their lead-follow “parade laps” are anyone else’s hot laps, as long as you can keep up with the lead. I did some 115 mph “parade laps” there. Very brisk parade, LOL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts