Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like supply is catching demand and dealer pricing power is slipping. A friend just picked up a white 7sp z51 for 4500 under sticker. Ebay has 4 pages of new vettes. 5000 off has always been my trigger to buy but now I am wondering what prices might look like in the fall just before the 15's hit the street. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I doubt at all this is where the national price/transacted levels are at. Seems that most dealers are still working at MSRP On Z51 models and base cars may be discounted a few thousand.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Any real consistent discounts will vary and depend on many factors, supply, time of year, dealership, some smaller dealership don't like sitting on corvettes when for example trucks are their primary business and of course the relationship you might have with your local dealership. If a dealership is sitting on a lot of '14s when 15's start shipping you'll see some discounting.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
We'll know when we've reached critical mass when employee and supplier pricing is released. Hasn't happened yet but honestly, with so many being ordered for stock it can't be far off.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Wow, that's a great price. I haven't seen any discounts on z51 models. Where did he get it from?

It looks like supply is catching demand and dealer pricing power is slipping. A friend just picked up a white 7sp z51 for 4500 under sticker. Ebay has 4 pages of new vettes. 5000 off has always been my trigger to buy but now I am wondering what prices might look like in the fall just before the 15's hit the street. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
You gotta love the Internet. If I had a dollar for every post I've seen over the years where someone says they got massive discounts or they know people who did when the largest dealers are barely discounting and the mom and pop dealers with a few allocations are still putting add stickers on I wouldn't need to finance my C7 ;)

You see these all the time, I'll believe it when someone posts a legit sales order and contract along with the dealer and salesman's name.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Something doesn't sound right with that deal. Kerbeck, the largest dealer in the country, has only discounted NON-Z51s a couple grand. I'd have that car checked over very carefully if a dealer or whomever were offering it at that much of a discount...

·
Registered
371 Posts
Something doesn't sound right with that deal. Kerbeck, the largest dealer in the country, has only discounted NON-Z51s a couple grand. I'd have that car checked over very carefully if a dealer or whomever were offering it at that much of a discount...
Agree. Maybe it's that Laguna blue that crashed through the dealership showroom window?

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
That is only slightly over invoice. They would still have made money, including the holdback. However, finding a deal like that is few and far between now. It must have been in a local market where not many people were looking for a Corvette.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I can't say I've seen much discounting at all to date. I will share this; The local dealer here in Anchorage had 4 2014's in stock, one Premier Edition and 3 Z51's. Two were 7 sp manuals, one an auto. I stopped in and looked at them for the heck of it and took my son by 3 days later for him to look at. All 4 were gone. The salesman said a west coast dealer bought all 4 for msrp and shipped them out of Alaska to his dealership. I'm sure they got dealer shipping costs, but still, that's a few grand added to the cost. Kind of nuts.

Area 473

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
That dealer must have been in SoCal. Some are asking over MSRP down there. Here in NorCal, MSRP is the asking price.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I asked but they were tight lipped about which dealer it was. I wouldn't doubt your right as I originally was looking at one in S. Cal and although listed on the internet for msrp, it was actually $10k over when nailed down. I passed of course and went to Dallas for mine.

When those 4 were here, they were asking $5k over list.

Area 473

·
Registered
134 Posts
Gilles, not sure where you're seeing that. The only discounted in stock cars at Kerbeck are non-Z51.

·
Registered
134 Posts
That crazy paying over MSRP, and even worse that these dealers are taking advantage of their customers. It's bad enough the money you lose as soon as you drive off the lot, then to be another $5-10 grand in the hole is just lousy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts