Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
18,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Auto News, we have learned that GM has established a production limit of 160 Corvette StingRays per day and will not be adding a second shift to boost that output.

Chief Engineer Tadge Juetchner provided several reasons for the decision to limit production to one shift per day, including the need to incorporate the convertible and export versions into the mix.

For,complete article:

http://www.autonews.com/article/201...mand-to-limit-corvette-supplies#axzz2gmoHZuBC

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Maybe not that many, I think the plant works 4 ten hour days so that's 640 / week and I think there's only about 44 production weeks in a model year but there may be more since the switchover between years will be a lot shorter than it was this last time. My guess is they are targeting around 32000 in MY14.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks to Auto News, we have learned that GM has established a production limit of 160 Corvette StingRays per day and will not be adding a second shift to boost that output.

Chief Engineer Tadge Juetchner provided several reasons for the decision to limit production to one shift per day, including the need to incorporate the convertible and export versions into the mix.

For,complete article:

http://www.autonews.com/article/201...mand-to-limit-corvette-supplies#axzz2gmoHZuBC
I have been in the factory the past two days and they are currently working one 8 hour shift 6 days a week ..I was told that it was to go to 10 hour day 4day week soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks Bluray for the latest updates. If you can, please keep 'em coming.
I wish I could give you more information ,but my car has been built and my days at the factory ended with its completion .I'm back home waiting for for the call to come and get her .

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
186 Posts
So if my car was vin # 3319 when was it built and how long do you think before I see it?

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
if no QC problems, within 10 days... IF there are other cars going your way to build a load...after 10 days, they have to ship it even if the truck is a partial load...

·
Registered
186 Posts
if no QC problems, within 10 days... IF there are other cars going your way to build a load...after 10 days, they have to ship it even if the truck is a partial load...
Thanks Glen E you are always a huge help. What I dont get is why my status is still at 3400?

·
Registered
186 Posts
It was either Monday or Tuesday of this week... I am getting tired of waiting to find out but I guess I dont have a choice thanks again for the help

·
Registered
219 Posts
Just found out mine is 4B00 Bayed, ready for shipping. Does anyone know how long it takes? Car was produced last Friday. Dealer said if gets shipped Friday, I should expect it within 6 days. Does that sound right?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have been in the factory the past two days and they are currently working one 8 hour shift 6 days a week ..I was told that it was to go to 10 hour day 4day week soon.
I was in the plant on Thursday / Friday. There were union flyers stating that effective 10/16/13 (Wednesday - yesterday), they would be moving to a 9-hour day until further notice. They have a mix of 5- and 6-day work weeks (not every Saturday is worked).

This would put the daily target at 146 cars. If they go to 10-hour days, keeping the same rate, that'd be 162 cars. I don't know if an additional break is added for a 9- or 10-hour day, and how that'd affect daily production numbers.

On a side note, I saw that the Veteran's Day holiday is being moved to the Thanksgiving break, creating a 5-day weekend break.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts