Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have you looked closely, say with a flashlight, at the carbon flash corvette script on the back bumper? I happened to be doing this just now on my 2019 and noticed that it, unlike the various other carbon flash badges and pieces, has multiple colors in the sparkle that are easily seen under an LED flashlight. Anyone else see this? :single_eye:

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Joe, I just looked at mine and it is the normal subtle "white" sparkle. However, it is a 2015 so maybe the newer ones are different(?)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Paul. I can’t even see where one would get a different version of carbon flash. Except for close inspection like I described, you would not notice.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So I ordered another one via dealer. Part No. 22996232 and it came in "Genuine GM" wrapping etc. Same color in the sparkle when I hold an LED flashlight light up close to it. It's not like it's noticeable under normal circumstances but it's strange that all carbon flash isn't the same. I've since had several folks say this is is also true of the carbon flash stingrays, mirrors and other parts but not all parts. Anyway, mystery sort of solved. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For what it's worth though, here's a pic which I should have included from the start (by the way, look at the flake in that Shadow Gray Metallic!!!):
IMG_0076.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts