Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to share a story regarding the service and attitude at my dealership, Radley Chevrolet in Fredericksburg, VA. I was one of three sharks circling a Red 3LT Z51 Coupe with just about every possible option on it. The general manager had one guy ready to pull the trigger on numerous visits, but because the interior was black and not red, he couldn't bring himself to make the purchase. I believe in getting exactly what you want.

The General manager extended himself this far. He offered to let the guy have the car at below MSRP and drive it for a year, until this customer's Z06 arrives next year. So long as there were no problems with the car and under 5K miles he would take full price trade in (zero depreciation) toward the guy's new Z06. I could not believe it when I heard that. He left the previous day to mull it over and did not immediately pull the trigger. I bought her yesterday and am thankful she is mine.

showroom.jpg showroom2.jpg showroom3.jpg

·
Registered
504 Posts
That is a great story Carson and you got yourself a beauty! That sounds like a very generous deal the GM was offering customer #1, I think I would have snapped that up in a heartbeat. I would love to have a C7 parked in my office like those pictures show but I probably wouldn't get much work done :D

·
18,670 Posts
The General Manager was being more than fair with that other customer. That other customer's financial "lack of acumen" worked out to your incredible gain. Congratulations on getting your beauty!!!

You did great! Thanks for sharing the whole story.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Elegant,
You had much to do with my success. Your input as well as all of the information on this forum led to me WINNING the car.

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
I must say, I respect the decision that customer #1 made. He surely showed much restraint to not take advantage of the general manager's generous offer. Hopefully, the offer made a tremendous positive impression on customer #1, and he will purchase his Z06 from Radley Chevrolet next year!

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
Congratulations, carsonulrich! I am happy that everything worked out so well for you!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you get it for less than MSRP?
Yes, I did. I have developed a relationship with Radley and from the onset made a promise to not take my business elsewhere over allocation. I was adamant about doing everything possible to purchase from my local dealer, even though I know it is harder for them to compete with the larger volume dealers. Radley rewarded me with a great experience.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
carsonulrich, Congrats, Great Story, No. 1 Color In My Book, and a "Outstanding Deal" Life is good when your wheeling a C7 on a two lane black top!!

SF
Rick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts