Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
That truly is a great article. Thanks for sharing. And that is certainly the case in my neck of the woods.
Well, except for any tears! Just some jealous musings at the worst.

In the past three weeks, not a single Corvette has gone by me without an exchange of waves!

·
Banned
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,698 Posts
I like this part:

Take a Porsche on this route through Ohio, West Virginia, and Virginia proper, as I've done many times, and you'll be alternately ignored, sneered at, and stared down. A Nissan GT-R brings out the otaku and the PlayStation crowd, but their primary mission is to make sure you understand that they know more about the car than you do. You might be the possessor of the GT-R, but the car actually belongs to them, the true fans.

"So, did you Accessport the clutch pressure to six or seven?"

"Ah, um, six, seven, whatever it takes."

"I see." And then the Look that informs you that you have no business driving an R35 Sky-anything. It's a club, and not even the owners are guaranteed entry.

The membership of the Corvette fan club, on the other hand, includes everyone. Children hang out of the back windows of pickups to hear you rev the engine. Young women smile; older ones wink. In Dublin, Ohio, a G37 stopped behind me in a parking lot and two buffed-out guys jumped out to look through the Vette's windows. When I suggested they sit in it and rev the engine, they looked like children who suspected some kind of catch. After, Thing 1 said to Thing 2, "I'll own one of those if I have to wait till I'm 40 years old." Whoa. Not 40 years old.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Z51Stingray, good article, this guy put in print the way we all feel when we're wheeling our C7 around town or on a trip!!!

SF
Rick

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found it on another forum and thought it needed to be brought here.

Y'all are welcome!!!

·
Registered
10,600 Posts
That is a truly awesome article. Thank you for posting it!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Great article. Could be describing my C6 in some of the writeup. Thanks for posting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts