Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I attended a car show in Amarillo this past weekend. The show was to bring awareness to prostate cancer and provide free PSA screenings. It rained all day and kept a lot of cars away, but here is a shot of my car with two others. There was a special section that included only red, white and blue cars. There was supposed to be at least one other group with a red and blue 63 split window and a 53 in the middle.

The weather may have decreased the number of cars but the show was a huge success. We were able to provide 500 men with free PSA screenings. What an incredible success for a first annual show. I cannot wait until next year to see if we can make it bigger and better (weather permitting). pcftc car show.jpg

Reactions: Raydor

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Great cause kaduddell! Hits home with me, because I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in January of 2010 at the age of 52. Hit me completely out of nowhere and totally unexpected. It was caught through a yearly checkup that i had not had in a few years at that point, because I dreaded the ole finger up the hiney. My Doc left town and I needed a new one and he wouldn't take me without doing a physical first. Divine intervention I think. Anyway, I get my PSA checked every six months and so far no detectable PSA. I definitely would have been here to support this.

·
Administrator
16,307 Posts
Thanks for posting! Nice red, white and blue C7 pic. Glad it was a success:cool:

Reactions: Suzy Cruisy
1 - 5 of 5 Posts