Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried using the Cosworth Toolbox on an iMac? There seem to be some choices about how to run the Windows based program on Apple's iOS including purchasing and installing Parallels or a Windows partition. Before getting in over my head, it would be great to get some feedback about what works and what doesn't.

·
Super Moderator
3,362 Posts
I am interested in this too and don't want to get over my head. So, I will most likely just purchase an inexpensive Windows based tablet or small laptop and go from there.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'll guarantee it will work from Parallels or VMware Fusion. Once mine is here I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have been using VM Ware for over 2 years on the last MAC Pro release lap top.
It works great. You can use both platforms separately. I only use the VM to open windows based applications.
I can drop a doc on either desk top. VM is a little more demanding of memory. It crashes just the same on the MAC.
I am a EX Windows IT guy, now 98% MAC.
You have a option to go 50/50 or 10/90 on what platform uses more memory. I am 80 MAC the rest VM.
Good Luck on you adventure.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Get a Surface Pro 2 or 3 and just take it to the track
$800 or $79 for Fusion, my vote is for VMWare Fusion. I've run virtually everything on my Windows VM, including real time telemetry systems and CAN bus monitors without a problem. Give Fusion a try before you throw money into a new computer.

Reactions: chopperpilot24

·
Registered
95 Posts
$800 or $79 for Fusion, my vote is for VMWare Fusion. I've run virtually everything on my Windows VM, including real time telemetry systems and CAN bus monitors without a problem. Give Fusion a try before you throw money into a new computer.
Spot on!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts