Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a glass top and was going to order a solid top from my dealer. I was wondering for those who have 2 roofs, how and where are you storing the second top?

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
Is there a special place in the trunk to hold a roof when it is removed?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Is there a special place in the trunk to hold a roof when it is removed?
Yes. It snaps in to mounts that are in the trunk area.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only problem is if you put second roof in the trunk, theres no room for anything else and you really dont want much there because if things flop around they may scratch the roof in storage.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Google search on C7 roof storage bag….

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a 2003 C5 with two tops and I almost purchased a holder that you attach to the garage wall and it holds the extra top as it also displays it. I didn't purchase it and I do not remember the site now, but I will research it and get back with you. It is a pain having two tops, especially when you buy groceries in the car...

·
Registered
209 Posts
My husband had a C5 with 2 tops. He had a special bag that he kept the second one in and he kept that in our garage.

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
873 Posts
As mentioned above by tzmama, I had a bag for the second top on my C5. As I recall, I got it from Mid America Motorworks. Additionally, I made a wall rack for the garage. I took 2 large padded hooks from the storage section at Lowes, and one smaller hook. I mounted the two large hooks 32 in apart in studs on the wall. The top sat in the padded hooks, rear end down. The smaller hook was mounted in the center above the tops. I the stretched a bungee cord from each lower hook to the top center hook to hold the top firmly against the wall. To remove, simply hold the top, pop off the two bungee cords, and lift the top out of the lower hooks. With the cloth bag, the bungee cords had no chance of scratching the top.

·
Registered
873 Posts
No, have at least a few years of work left.

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
under a queen or king bed - seriously....
Yep, under the King bed right inside bedroom next to the garage. Easy breezy ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a large oversized closet on the first floor that's little-used....set the panel up against the wall toward the rear and wrap it with a large folded blanket. Done this for many years with no problems.

·
Registered
531 Posts
DSCN1730.JPG
We keep ours in our spare bedroom.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts