Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
18,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nice video of coupe top removal, storing, and returning it to its "home place." Not the first video, but very, very useful nevertheless. Couple of additional tips that have also provided to be very valuable. First few times, please do this with someone helping you (just to catch it if/as necessary) until you are used to this process. Second, in a wind, especially of course on the top of hill or other wind-prone place, the top can become a sail, yanked out of your hands. And the video's tip of double-checking your reinstall after you have reattached it at its three attachment points, is very important. Thanks Mike Furman of Criswell for making this video for us.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Thank you. Very informative and your foresight is invaluable.

When he was opening the door on the convertible, the coupe's passenger door was open and I thought he was going to slam into it. Like an idiot, I actually yelled, "Look Out", as if he could hear me. DAH...:p

·
Administrator
16,283 Posts
One additional check I do on RedHot after reinstalling the panel, is to press the release button on the center back latch. If it pops easily and immediately the top is properly seated in the two back pins into the frame. Relatch and your are ready to go. If it doesn't release easily then the odds are the top is not properly seated (you may have pinched the seal or not fully inserted the pins into the frame, etc). If that is the case, release the front right and left handles, remove the top and reseat ensuring it is fully and correctly getting the back pins into the frame.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I find that unless I look carefully as I put the back pins in and begin the seal of the roof panel to the back edge I can often have a twist of the back gasket at the very ends of the gasket forcing the ends of the gasket up and out away from the roof instead of seating properly.

·
Administrator
16,283 Posts
I find that unless I look carefully as I put the back pins in and begin the seal of the roof panel to the back edge I can often have a twist of the back gasket at the very ends of the gasket forcing the ends of the gasket up and out away from the roof instead of seating properly.
Good additional point Tom0021! I have found the same thing happens but only on the very end of the passenger side of the seal, and it will get about a 1/4 inch piece pushed up if I don't check it.

Reactions: Tom0021
1 - 9 of 9 Posts