Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recent 2019 C7 owner, gonna start adding things as i go. The side markers i want to black out, make LED, whos got the best price but quality on these. Also, I see some fender mud guard (stone guard) little pieces avail. Anybody got comment on them? Which are the better ones...not real good pics anywhere...sound like a good mod but dont want them to look stupid sticking out there...
'Preciate it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
15,693 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
search gave me nuttin except some comments from 2015...im talkin about CURRENT vendors, quality, etc

·
Registered
9,052 Posts
Most of the Corvette parts vendors (Mid-America, Ecklers, Zip, Corvette Central, etc.) sell pretty much the same mod items, but priced differently. You have to go with your gut feeling to see what will work best for you. Have to remember, soliciting comments from the webs, one person may say that is a great part, and another about the same part will say it's trash.

If you hang around other Corvette folks, cruise-ins, club gatherings, that's where you'll get your real world answers regarding mods you're interested in. Good luck with your search endeavor.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I went with Nite Shades and Quick Coat. Blacked them out myself for way less $$.

As for mud guards, the ACS XL Splash Guards are very nice and big.

·
Registered
644 Posts
For the side markers and rear reflectors, I went with Lamin-X film. I think I bought the set from a vendor that "Shall not be named".. (Corvette Mods, and I've had no problem with them.) The film covers the side and rear reflectors, and REALLY tones them down. It fit very well, isn't permanent, and looks good.

No idea about mud guards.

·
Registered
9,052 Posts
Old write-up on mud guards, for what it's worth, may help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Old write-up on mud guards, for what it's worth, may help.

Great info, thank you. It helped me make a descision

1 - 10 of 10 Posts