Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was informed that my local dealership will charge me $1000 for coutesy delivery fee, was wondering what other dealerships are charging?

·
18,670 Posts
$450 is the courtesy delivery fee I am paying. This dealership has the best technician and as part of my agreement, that tech will be doing the entire PDI on my car. This is the place which services my C6 Z06, so have a good long- term relationship with them.

Separately, another dealer agreed that they could do it for $500.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
1000 is way high, essentially, he's telling you, "we don't like to do courtesy deliveries".... When I was a GM of a Porsche store in Pittsburgh in the 90’s, we had a Florida store that would send us two customers every year that could not be satisfied, no matter what you did, they were downright nasty people. I solved that problem by saying we would continue to courtesy deliver them but the fee went from $400 for others to 1500 for them.

That solved that problem....

·
Registered
126 Posts
Seems like a lot to me as well, im getting a courtesy delivery in Austin,tx and they are only charging me $200, but a delear close to my house wanted to charge me $1,000

·
Registered
50 Posts
I paid $350.
Mike

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
mine will be $500, you just need to call around most dealers wanted $1000 and some dealers would not even do a courtesy delivery telling me its just too much hassle....

·
Registered
220 Posts
$1000 is way too much. Basically, they will be doing the PDI. That is between $300-$500 most places.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
$1000 is way too much. Basically, they will be doing the PDI. That is between $300-$500 most places.
The PDI cost is normally reimbursed by the manufacturer, not charged extra to the customer (unless they are double dipping).--Bob

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
The PDI cost is normally reimbursed by the manufacturer, not charged extra to the customer (unless they are double dipping).--Bob
I also heard that the PDI reimbursement by the manufacturer which is GM in this case also fills up the gas tank full so when you go to the dealer to pickup the car make sure you have a full tank of gas. if not then the dealer is milking you....:(

·
Registered
15 Posts
I paid $250 in Dallas and it was a great experience! $1,000 is way to high in my opinion.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for your helpful replies, I have sent four chevy dealerships contact info to Tommy Jr. All within 15 minutes to 1/12 hours away.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Tommy Jr and his team worked hard to find a local dealer (Ft Walton Beach/Pensacola) who charged $500 and I'm thankful. A couple dealers quoted $1000, one wanted $1500 and another asked for $2500! MacMulkin worked it out for me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tommy Jr's team work hard was able to get a dealership that will only charge $400, the dealership is only 35 minutes away. Several others dealerships would not assist and some wanted between $1,000 - $2,500 for the courtesy delivery fee. Glad for the team effort from the MacMulkin dealership.

·
Registered
25 Posts
these figures are amazing. Here we are in 2021 (almost) I wonder what the costs might be now. I live north of SF in Ca. The Novato dealer wants $1000. there are 2 or 3 other dealers nearby so I hope they will be nicer. I may wait til closer to delivery (dates unknown for now) and see if my selling dealer can help.

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
these figures are amazing. Here we are in 2021 (almost) I wonder what the costs might be now. I live north of SF in Ca. The Novato dealer wants $1000. there are 2 or 3 other dealers nearby so I hope they will be nicer. I may wait til closer to delivery (dates unknown for now) and see if my selling dealer can help.
I bought my C7 Z06 from Fremont Chevrolet in the S.F. Bay Area.

I don't know if they do courtesy deliveries, but they are great folks to work with.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts