Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used New Image auto detailing. Kody did a very good job. He was meticulous, friendly and answered all my questions. The car looks great. I had him also do the wheels including the barrels, I think they will clean easier especially the front. I will give a update on how I like the product after some time. The metal flake shows twice as good IMO now. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
307 Posts
Gorgeous car. Out of curiosity how much did your local detailer charge to install CQuartz?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gorgeous car. Out of curiosity how much did your local detailer charge to install CQuartz?
800.00 for the car 200.00 for the wheels. If it cleans as easy as they say it is worth every penny. Just apply the reload from time to time which I will do my self and they are telling me I will not have to redo it ever.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I also plan to have mine done as soon as I get it. Did you have any expel done? Looks great by the way.

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
I used New Image auto detailing. Kody did a very good job. He was meticulous, friendly and answered all my questions. The car looks great. I had him also do the wheels including the barrels, I think they will clean easier especially the front. I will give a update on how I like the product after some time. The metal flake shows twice as good IMO now. View attachment 12391 View attachment 12392 View attachment 12393
Kody did my Blade Silver C7. He does an outstanding job. He will give you a list of products to purchase to maintain your Vette. I highly recommend that you purchase and use them. They are a great products and makes it easy to keep it looking outstanding.

Reactions: Cowboy

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also plan to have mine done as soon as I get it. Did you have any expel done? Looks great by the way.
I did not do any expel. Might be a mistake but I will know in time. Thanks for the compliment from earlier. Here is my favorite picture. image.jpg

Reactions: muzzyc7 and CUSA

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I did not do any expel. Might be a mistake but I will know in time. Thanks for the compliment from earlier. Here is my favorite picture. View attachment 12397
Damn, getting ready to switch from Crystal Red to Laguna Blue! That is a great picture. I like the Border Collie too.

Reactions: Cowboy

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Oh yeah, according to ShowCarDetailing in CA, it's Xpel first.....then CQuartz

·
Registered
952 Posts
I had a non-corvette new car done this week-end with CQuartz finest, and it is amazing. However it is NOT something you can or should do yourself. There is a lot of stuff lay persons may not know to do. First of all it is a brand new car 1 week old and is jet black, which shows off a ton of orange peel.

So 1st the car got washed, clayed and dried. Then some sort of iron oxide remover was put on and car again washed. Then car sanded and buffed to remove as much of the orange peel as possible. Then after thorough rrinse and dry, the application process started for wheels and body (2 coats).

13 hours later, the car emerged looking so striking you can not believe it. It was $800 for the 2 coat enthusiast package and that covered wheels and body. Well worth the investment if you get the right guy , and our guy did an outstanding job PLUS he was SO knowledgable about the product and process that I will definitely have him do mine when it comes in. He said he would rather the dealership NOT detail it upon delivery as they usually "trash" the paint job (his words not mine), and he showed us where this was true on the just detailed and delivered car that we had him do. AMAZING STUFF!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Cowboy, awesome job, now it will be a easier to keep clean.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
145 Posts
absolutely beautiful! I have it on just the critical parts of my C7; front end, mirrors, rear spoiler. I am always amazed how easy junk can be cleaned off, and the gloss is great too.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Any recommendations for installers in PNW Seattle Washington area for CQuartz?
I found a local installer for OptiCoat... but think I would prefer the CQuartz from what I have read.
Getting XPel Ultimate done first with Formula One Pinnacle Nano Ceramic tint then looking for CQuartz detailer

·
Registered
329 Posts
absolutely beautiful! I have it on just the critical parts of my C7; front end, mirrors, rear spoiler. I am always amazed how easy junk can be cleaned off, and the gloss is great too.
Why just CQuartz Finest on those areas and not on the whole car? Also, those areas are usually covered with Xpel which protects better from stones, etc. & the CQuartz would then go over the Xpel areas done.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I found a local installer for OptiCoat... but think I would prefer the CQuartz from what I have read.
Getting XPel Ultimate done first with Formula One Pinnacle Nano Ceramic tint then looking for CQuartz detailer
go to the Cquartz website and you may find one close by

·
Administrator
16,583 Posts
PM Corey at CarPro-US.com or email him [email protected] They are supporting vendor and will ensure that you get together with a certified CQuartz detailer near you.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Why just CQuartz Finest on those areas and not on the whole car? Also, those areas are usually covered with Xpel which protects better from stones, etc. & the CQuartz would then go over the Xpel areas done.
primarily for bugs, road tar splats that hit the vertical surfaces at high speed. I don't see the need anywhere else at this point in the game.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts