Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a week since I had my car coated in CQuartz Finest. The shop told me not to wash the car for 2 weeks and to bring it back to them for the first wash. My dilemma is that I have a car show to participate in this weekend, and my car is a little dirty. Is there anything I can do to clean it up or do I just need to wait for another week and accept that my car won't be clean for the show?

·
Administrator
16,303 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
California Car Duster is what I used on my show cars.

It's been a week since I had my car coated in CQuartz Finest. The shop told me not to wash the car for 2 weeks and to bring it back to them for the first wash. My dilemma is that I have a car show to participate in this weekend, and my car is a little dirty. Is there anything I can do to clean it up or do I just need to wait for another week and accept that my car won't be clean for the show?

·
Registered
429 Posts
I had cquartz pro applied last November. I didn't wait nor was I told to wait for 2 weeks. At that point, I was using Optimum no rinse within a couple days. The finish and beading are as good today as they were 11 months ago.

·
Registered
307 Posts
So you can use traditional car wash solutions or no rinse on CQuartz? Are there any products that we shouldn't use with CQ?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
If it's been in the sun for a decent amount of time, you should be fine. Finest uses IR or time to cure. (as far as I know)

The "norm" don't let it get wet for at least 4 hours, and not wash w/soap for a week. So it should be fine.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Glen I agree with your rinseless method but how do you clean the wheel wells without a hose? Not sure about your ride but my C7 LOVES to kick up debris into the wheel well. I guess you could just get one of those long brushes and dunk it in soap and water?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts