Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought my Z51 home about a month ago. Drove it home from the dealer in Ohio and it has been in the garage under cover since then due to the weather we have been having. I pulled it out today to take a few pictures and noticed this crack. It is above the door handle at the weather striping by the window. It looks like someone shut the door with something in it. I know I didn't do it and I am wondering if the anyone has seen any cracks like this and if a dealer would Warrenty this. I am really bummed that I did not notice it at the dealership and know I am probably SOL... Thanks for any opinions. image.jpg

·
18,669 Posts
Take it back and politely/firmly ask them to open a warranty claim, noting that the door skin must be replaced. That is clearly not acceptable. Would not suggest a probable or possible cause.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Wade427, I would take it to your nearest Chevrolet dealer. It looks like a defect in the skin, I don't see any paint chips or a dent if something was caught in it. Let us know the outcome of your situation.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Wade427, I would take it to your nearest Chevrolet dealer. It looks like a defect in the skin, I don't see any paint chips or a dent if something was caught in it. Let us know the outcome of your situation.

SF
Rick
I agree. I wonder if there was a defect in the paint and it cracked as the temperature went up and down over the last few months. If so, there is no question it would be a valid warranty claim.

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
Be polite but firm. If you get any "push back" at all, ask for the name and phone number of the Zone Service Manager.

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
That is an odd defect. I agree with the previous replies. Easy does it until, or if it requires more than that.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I agree with the above. Take it back to your dealer for a warranty repair. If you get push back also look at getting Chevy Cust Svc involved to help you through this, but don't assume that you are going to get push back just yet.

BTW, I like your user name on this site! :)

Reactions: Wade427

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dealer said they believe it's a defect in the paint and are going to repair it. Thanks for the advice guys.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Wade
I saw your pictures on the Blade silver thread and your car is AWESOME looking. Gives me second thoughts.....

Reactions: Wade427

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
That's Great!

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Wade, I'm glad to hear everything work out well for you, A1 for the dealership!

SF
Rick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts