Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been waiting for these for some time and I wasn't disappointed. They are 18X9 front and 19X10.5 rear with black StingRay center caps. The fronts do not stick out beyond the GM splash guards but the rears do. I did not want to have issues with the fronts spraying stones on the rockers. I think the rears will be OK since I don't have the sticky compound tires (stock Michelins). The valve stems are set in quit a bit and will need a straight air chuck and will need to rotate the stem away from the caliper.
Changed the cars appearance entirely IMHO ( more sinister). The rears look much more muscle car like and closed the gap even more. I am already lowered all the way on stock bolts. I am really happy with these wheels.
P1030426.JPG P1030436.JPG P1030437.JPG P1030441.JPG P1030442.JPG P1030443.JPG P1030444.JPG P1030445.JPG P1030448.JPG

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Outstanding! My 19/20’s are on a truck now.....should mount this week.

Can you shoot the wheel from the side close? Are they a bit concave?

Also VERY glad to see the machined rim edge, could not really tell if it would be obvious, it is, and I like that....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just wheel pics for Glen e

Glen,
sorry, but they are not very concave. You can see in these pics the gorilla lugs that I think you are using. I'm afraid that I got too close. If these are not good enough- I'll go shoot what ever you like. You've helped me so much with detailing and ideas. P1030454.JPG P1030431.JPG P1030455.JPG P1030429.JPG P1030453.JPG

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
No that's great, I did not expect to be much concave, I think they look great, glad I have them coming...your pics 4 and 5 on the grass in the opening thread look stunning. So much for having to spend 8 grand from the wheel vendors for a great look....I think our choice of those caps was perfect.....

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Yup, the shot I was looking for, about what I expected.....just damn hard to get any dish with the way the car was built, takes a wider fender to use a concave wheel.....

·
Registered
582 Posts
Cool! :cool:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think if I continue to look at all the mods of this site I'm going to be broke. Everyone has good ideas and the pics are phenomenal on the Stingrays.

Reactions: elegant and MYKZDRM
1 - 13 of 13 Posts