Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of my '14 3LT a few weeks ago. Absolutely love the car- the only nagging issue is a ticking noise I hear coming from the dash over highway bumps (even softer ones).

If I press on the dash the majority of it is solid and quiet but there are certain areas (above the heating/ac controls) that creak like a pirate ship when I apply pressure with my finger. I have a feeling this is the culprit.

Anyone else have a creaky ticking dash? I'm half tempted to install the OEM CF dash if that material would be less likely to make this much noise.

I hope I'm not the only one. :eek:

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
If I were you, I would get a dealership to fix it under warranty. The second you take the dash apart to add the carbon fiber one is the time when you can forget about ever getting a warranty claim done on a creaky dash.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Took delivery of my '14 3LT a few weeks ago. Absolutely love the car- the only nagging issue is a ticking noise I hear coming from the dash over highway bumps (even softer ones).

If I press on the dash the majority of it is solid and quiet but there are certain areas (above the heating/ac controls) that creak like a pirate ship when I apply pressure with my finger. I have a feeling this is the culprit.

Anyone else have a creaky ticking dash? I'm half tempted to install the OEM CF dash if that material would be less likely to make this much noise.

Thanks in advance!
Bubba; No you are not alone. I am not sure the rattles in the dash are always in the same spot so it would be difficult for a long distance diagnosis. As Rodney suggests let you dealer take a shot at it, but do try to isolate it as exactly as you can and perhaps that will help your tech square it away. Let us know what they do to solve your noise issue.

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts

Thanks in advance!
Bubba,

Sorry that your dash is making a ticking noise. I understand the displeasure when dealing with a matter like this. Although you're seeking opinions from others, I'd be happy to communicate your concerns with the Customer Experience Managers (CEM) at your GM dealer of choice. Please know that you're welcome to message us privately if you would like to discuss this further, or if you simply want this matter documented.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
2 Posts
Took delivery of my 2015 2LT on 12/24/14 - merry Xmas to me. I absolutely love the car!!! But the creaky/squeaky sound in the cabin is starting to drive me nuts. Took it to the dealership yesterday and they told me that they didn't hear anything abnormal and not going to do anything about it. The more I listen, it seems that every time I press the clutch something in the car work creak - sounds weird. Never happen with my previous cars... any suggestions on who else I should call?

·
Administrator
16,583 Posts
Took delivery of my 2015 2LT on 12/24/14 - merry Xmas to me. I absolutely love the car!!! But the creaky/squeaky sound in the cabin is starting to drive me nuts. Took it to the dealership yesterday and they told me that they didn't hear anything abnormal and not going to do anything about it. The more I listen, it seems that every time I press the clutch something in the car work creak - sounds weird. Never happen with my previous cars... any suggestions on who else I should call?
Welcome to our forum Iching. Suggest that you have someone in the car with you and do an audio and/or video tape of it occurring. Then you can go over it with your dealer and point it out. If they still say it is normal, see if you can drive another one of their 2015s and hear the same sound.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I've owned 3 Corvettes. All of them creaked, squeaked and/or rattled. Rather than getting upset, I consider the noises part of the Corvette experience.

I'd only worry about it if something sounds like it's going to fall apart.

If you must have "rattle-free", I've had the best luck with Chrysler products. Really. And, I've owned many, many cars, imports and domestics.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
My c7 has 11300 miles of n it. The dash has been taken off and reinstalled to replace the center screen, I had no dash noise before the repair, nor do i have any afterwards either.

·
Banned
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,698 Posts
I get a creaky sound every now and then behind the pax side air bag in the dash. After a while, the tightness loosens up, doesn't bother me too much, windows down or tunes on, or fan on, don't hear it. :)

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Did you take out the service writer or tech. so that you could specify the noise or did you leave it? You might want to consider another dealer if you don't think you will get anywhere with this first dealer. I should think your issue is fixable, but it will take them some time to ID the source and then fix it. Have you got another dealer close by?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had this problem as well and found 2 causes that remedied my creaks. First was the driver side center AC vent knob. I'd hear it on bumpy roads which was more of a rattle. Had it replaced and no more rattle, although it has begun again recently (same problem). The creak (more of a repeating tick) I heard actually turned out to be the leather boot on the shifter rubbing against itself when I was in 7th (manual transmission). I put a piece of paper in the pinch point (behind the knob) and no more ticks. My last issue is a rattle coming from above my head to the right where the roof latch is but a couple of inches back toward the rear of the car. Something is loose up there but appears to be temperature related.

Hope this helps some.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The creak I hear in my 2015 1lt is from the roof. I bought little rubber washers and put them over the post in the roof that goes into the windshield frame and it stopped the creaking. It came back after 200 miles but I just replaced the washers and it is gone again

·
Registered
450 Posts
The creak I hear is from my back after long trip. Other than that a few slight sounds from the roof. Same with the C6 GS I owned.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts