·
Registered
114 Posts
Just did this week!

Reactions: CUSA and elegant

·
Registered
307 Posts
Is the credit union discount the same as a supplier discount? Is the discount different for different credit unions, vehicle models (Z51, non-Z51), etc?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I got Supplier Pricing from MacMulkin using Ft. Belvoir Credit Union. I do not think there is any difference....nor differences in Credit Unions. I know that people have asked this question but I have not seen anything that shows a difference between various credit unions or supplier qualified pricing. My order was for a 2015 Z-51 Coupe.

Reactions: SlikNik

·
Registered
307 Posts
Would you mind saying what discount you received? I just joined Pen Fed... if my local dealer doesn't accept credit union pricing maybe it would make sense to not take delivery on my C7 and go through MacMulkin... I would hate to go through this whole process again. :(

I guess I'm wondering A) why does GM give such a big discount for credit unions and 2) why wouldn't everyone apply for credit union pricing?

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
I used my local Navy Federal Credit Union, it worked out great at 1.99%

SF
Rick

·
Registered
329 Posts
Is the credit union discount the same as a supplier discount? Is the discount different for different credit unions, vehicle models (Z51, non-Z51), etc?
They are all Exactly the same in the end, bottom line! :)

I used my local Navy Federal Credit Union, it worked out great at 1.99%

SF
Rick
Rick,
Can you get this rate for 72 mos. ?

SF
Bill

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yeah the loan % rate is awesome with a credit union but I was wondering what would be the average discount to expect off of the MSRP...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yeah the loan % rate is awesome with a credit union but I was wondering what would be the average discount to expect off of the MSRP...
Josh my car totalled at MSRP $71,915 and with the discount it is $65,374.60.....that is a $6,540.40 savings

·
Registered
307 Posts
SlikNik where did you order from in Florida? that's an awesome discount!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Josh my car totalled at MSRP $71,915 and with the discount it is $65,374.60.....that is a $6,540.40 savings
Where can I get in on this discount? I am a credit union member in Florida.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Some of us are willing to spend money, but we are not willing to throw it away. :cool:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Reactions: SlikNik

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
start with lovemycreditunion.org

·
Administrator
16,302 Posts
I guess I'm wondering why wouldn't everyone apply for credit union pricing?
At the start of the 2014 cycle there were no discounts offered of any standard type to my knowledge, no employee, AARP, USAA, credit union, etc. So it was not an option then as it is now. It is certainly a marvelous opportunity at this time.

Reactions: U.S. Marine

·
Registered
307 Posts
So I signed up for Pen Fed and received a GM credit union discount authorization umber and emailed it to my dealer. Fingers crossed... hopefully they'll honor the discount. When I initially ordered the car the head of new car sales assured me that all C7s across the country are being sold at MSRP to ensure that everyone gets a fair price. (Kind of like how Tesla Motors sells their cars).

I'm actually pretty pissed off that he blatantly lied to me - he has to know about these credit union discounts, right? I know, I know... I shouldn't be surprised that a car salesman lied...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Joshua,

Good luck. I received the same basic amount of discount from MacMulkin as others here have noted. Dealers are not required to accept supplier discounts....nor be accurate in what they say to their customers. I had a local dealer that told me that Z51 coupes were on constraint and would remain on constraint until February 2015 at the earliest.....AND EVERY dealer was in the same situation. BS!! Now I had already ordred my Z51 from MacMulkin and I was only going into the local dealer to drool and see if I could see a car with a couple of options that I wanted to see. I made no attempt to discuss anything with anyone and the sales manager came up to me and gave me the comment about Z51 constraint unsolicited. I couldn't stop myself....so I asked "So that constraint applies to all dealers...no matter where I went?" and he clearly said "yes". I so wanted to share my knowledge of the situation with the sales manager but just bit my tongue and walked off.

Let us know how it all plays out....

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
So I signed up for Pen Fed and received a GM credit union discount authorization umber and emailed it to my dealer. Fingers crossed... hopefully they'll honor the discount. When I initially ordered the car the head of new car sales assured me that all C7s across the country are being sold at MSRP to ensure that everyone gets a fair price. (Kind of like how Tesla Motors sells their cars).

I'm actually pretty pissed off that he blatantly lied to me - he has to know about these credit union discounts, right? I know, I know... I shouldn't be surprised that a car salesman lied...
Forget about knowing about CU and other programs his comment alone is laughable. Prices still run the gamut between $5k over to $5k under MSRP even without the programs and they always will because GM has no control over what dealers charge, never have, never will.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts