Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - so this is my first vette. I am used to driving a truck...

I love the looks of the C7 and then even better with the ACS splitter...
I decided I had better install a curb alert so I did. I guess I did not get it set up right. It likes to beep at cracks in the street but not too well at curbs.

Now to pull it back off. Not sure if I try to fix it or just forget it all together...

And to focus on backing into parking spots.

Needless to say - not a happy day driving the new toy...
002.jpg 004.jpg

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
how fast were you pulling in? also, who I installed it? My curb alert and splitter are going on 2000 miles, I NEVER back in and it's never let me down yet. When you turn the car on, it chirps 3 times to tell you it's passed it's check and it's arming itself, did you wait to hear that?

Also, where's the sensor? Underneath? Where it can get crap on it?....

And if it beeps at cracks and not at curbs, yes, you did a bad install......

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Like Glen my Curb Alert has never failed to warn me. I do always pull very slowly up to the curb just in case, also because I have mine set to stop me about 4" from the curb. If I went in too fast my reaction time would be too slow and I would probably hit the curb. I typically inch up very slowly and when she beeps, hit the brake. Stops a perfect 4" every time. Webhair did you set it up with the target box and try it multiple times to insure it worked properly before using it? I have mine set for 4", but you can pretty much set it for way out there like 24" if you desire.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did follow the setup - I think I may have it hidden to well (too deep and hiding behind the center bar of the grill) Which bracket did you mount yours with? I used to long narrow one with the short mount.

Re-calibrating it now...

I did not think I was going that fast - just too far in to the curb... Slower would be the correct answer.

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
That is an extremely well-done video!

·
Registered
392 Posts
As I've said on many occasions... folks need to learn to back into parking spots, garages, etc cuz when the zombie apocalypse happens, you'll be able to make a fast get away.

Sorry to hear your spiltter got wrecked.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I can say that I definitely feel your pain. Just got mine repaired. Hopefully I'll have better luck this time.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I'm still having issues with lots of false alerts. I have tried every calibration I can think of. My other issue is I get different alerts depending on whether or not I have a passenger in the car. With a passenger, the false alerts happen every time I apply the brakes. If I calibrate with the passenger in the car, then it misses the curb when I am by myself. So far it's been a waste of my money.
This is the reason I decided to save my money and use that rear camera to back into spaces instead.

Reactions: C7AMFAST

·
Registered
817 Posts
Oh...the back into the parking space deal. I had a close friend who always did it. Darn near got ran into dozens of times because his throwing it in reverse was not expected by other drivers!

As for the rear camera being useful when backing into a space? No question, it absolutely is! I use it on y Suburban on occasions.

Now if we could come up with a front camera for parking assist that is somehow integrated into the dash display, easy to keep clean and damage free! There are some products available that are close.

Anybody come up with a better mouse trap please post!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had a CF splitter on my C6. I just got in the habit of stopping before I thought I needed to. Usually ended up with about a foot of clearance to the curb. Corvettes are shorter than most cars anyway, so it won't stick out.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I have read about 20 guys very happy with their curb alert, and one that is not. Everyone installs them diff so let's not throw the baby out with the bath water. They work fine if installed correctly. If not, return it for another, because the product works.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
You are not expecting too much...something is defective.....I MAYBE get 2-3 false alerts a MONTH from road undulations or pulling out of a dipped road. And EVERYTIME I'm nearing a curb. Don't know what else to tell you. Mine is on 100pct of the time. Modshack here reports same.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My curb alert is working much better now that I have properly calibrated it... Damn user error.

I have fixed the ACS spoiler. Waiting on the paint to show up and then I will post up some pictures of the repair.
The ACS guys have been great with suggestions on how to repair it since that is the direction that I wanted to go.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
You are not expecting too much...something is defective.....I MAYBE get 2-3 false alerts a MONTH from road undulations or pulling out of a dipped road. And EVERYTIME I'm nearing a curb. Don't know what else to tell you. Mine is on 100pct of the time. Modshack here reports same.
Mine as well Glen, mine as well. Works on EVERY curb, EVERY time. Works great and is a great product. Pulling out on dipped roads does cause a false alarm, but that just let's me know it is still working and gives me confidence it will still work on the next curb. I don't mind those at all.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts