Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A curb alert will run you between $125 and $160 to protect the front of your car. It is an audible alarm which you can calibrate for your particular needs. What if you were able to install a front facing camera (like the pdr) to view the ground in front of you which would be a much better gauge of where you are relative to the curb or other obstruction?

There are a bunch of rear view cameras available on the internet and various sites for under $50 or so. Now if there was a good way of hooking them up that would be neat, either using the included view screen or the one in your car. You could put the screen in the little compartment behind the pop up screen in your car so you could view it when you were using it; couldn't be that hard to wire it to the front of your car instead of the back. What do you mechanically-inclined guys think??:confused:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Buzz,

I thought I had seen an earlier thread from someone who was looking for some helpful ideas to do exactly what you are saying here. I am not sure if they had followed through with the idea, but on the surface, it seems like an excellent idea. I am not mechanically inclined, so I can offer no help here, but I am interested in seeing someone actually do this and post how they accomplished it.

AJ

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Infinity already has this technology available. Someone on the forum said they accomplish it through infrared sensors. It even applies the brakes and comes to a stop on it's own off the vehicle in front of you and keeps you in your own lane. I think it might be pretty sophisticated and cost prohibitive to have installed, but GM is already working on it for the future. For now though, the curb alert seems to be the simplest and least expensive solution.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts