Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how many forum members are planning on buying a curb alert for their new C7. Are there any better products on the market? I really wish GM had build a front end sensor into the car... Sigh.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
While the wife won't admit it and I really don't think it was me we got a bit of rash on the splitter. I will get it touched up but now am giving serious consideration to adding one.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'll be ordering one. After learning about it here I'm considering ordering one for my DD which as a G37. It's not lowered, but the air damn has been scraped plenty of times and even the clear bra on the bumper has some scrapes from some particularly high curbs I got too close to.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Maybe we can watch as the curb gets closer with the front camera on the 15's New PDK system? (but, I don't think so!)

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
Maybe we can watch as the curb gets closer with the front camera on New PDK on the 15's? (but, I don't think so!)
It is not mounted in the correct spot.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Rodney,
That's what I figured! However, what if the curb is 3' high? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,569 Posts

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
Rodney,
That's what I figured! However, what if the curb is 3' high? :rolleyes:
The front-facing PDR camera is behind the rearview mirror. It will only have a slightly better view than you will.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have an Audi a6 with tech package. Features sounded cool but most are a waste of 5k. With one exception. Front alert and surround cameras including front and rear, left and right front and rear bumpers and bottom of side mirrors. Never hit the curb, perfect placement between parking line and the ability to see what's coming both ways when creeping out of hidden driveways. C7 engineers should take note. Also wonder why no one has modified the basic technology behind the wireless baby monitor camera to create a visual curb alert package

·
Registered
329 Posts
Why not just back into parking spaces with the rear camera?
Thanks! Excellent Idea! :) But is sounds kind of backwards. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I guess I should have googled backup cameras before my last post. Multiple systems out there including wireless license plate camera. Anyone out there using a reliable wireless camera system for a curb alert

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you google backup cameras there are several that are built into plate holders (for us NY & Ct residents w front plate requirements). And several appear small enough to tuck thru grill. They usually have night vision and wired versions have RCA jacks. Would be great if infotainment system has auxiliary jacks and engine doesn't cause interference

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am definitely taking your recommendation and backing into spots once I get my C7. By the way I spent the weekend in NYC with my girlfriend and could not believe how much bumper damage all of the cars sustain from parallel parking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a C7 and a Mercedes SL 550. The SL has sensors in the front, rear and sides with audio and visible warnings. I asked the Curb Alert company if they sell sensors separately. I received no reply. I was wondering in other sensors could be wired in parallel and placed in the rear, etc. I think it would work great.

·
Administrator
16,510 Posts
I have a C7 and a Mercedes SL 550. The SL has sensors in the front, rear and sides with audio and visible warnings. I asked the Curb Alert company if they sell sensors separately. I received no reply. I was wondering in other sensors could be wired in parallel and placed in the rear, etc. I think it would work great.
I seem to recall one of the curb alert options out there has the possibility of 8 sensors, 4 front and 4 rear if that is what you are looking for. Try a Google search.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts