Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Order your custom steering wheel from us today at TheDoubleAAcom ([email protected]) Email for holiday special pricing!

MSRP $699 w/o core charge

DS - Ergo style wheel

DS - D-PREMIUM!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Now that wheel definitely has some possibilities! That red one looks like a close match to the adrenalin red interior I want to get, and the flat bottom definitely looks like it increases the clearance when getting in and out. Couple that with the power tilt and telescoping features and this one looks like a winner! I had a two tone red and black wheel in my Spyder and was somewhat disappointed that the C7 3LT only had red stitching vs. the two tone. This is nice!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Can u add a picture of the steering wheel with the mix of black and gray leather?

I have the gray interior.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we are limited on cores at the moment and are only able to do pictures of customers ordered products. The special pricing we'll be offering will end on Monday.

Can u add a picture of the steering wheel with the mix of black and gray leather?

I have the gray interior.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
196 Posts
That looks so amazing. How difficult or easy it to swap out? Also what about the airbag.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
94 Posts
Can I get a price on wheel with brownstone, flat bottom variant.... I sent an email but never received a response....

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That looks so amazing. How difficult or easy it to swap out? Also what about the airbag.

Not super difficult to swap out. 1. Disconnect battery in trunk. Use a small screw driver to release the air bag (small holes on the bottom of back side of steering wheel, 4 and 6 o clock position. Once air bag is released remove the 2 connectors to the air bag. Then you'll need to disconnect the 2 harness plugs. Lastly use a t-50 to remove main bolt holding wheel down. Once the screw is out the wheel should come right off. Swap wheels and hook everything back up and call it a day. Took me about 10 minutes the first time with out knowing what I was doing.

·
Registered
489 Posts
That looks very sharp

·
Registered
196 Posts
I was curious about the airbag but not deleting its function. Do u actually remove it and put it back in the new wheel. Sorry for all the ?s but i want to make sure i make the right decision.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was curious about the airbag but not deleting its function. Do u actually remove it and put it back in the new wheel. Sorry for all the ?s but i want to make sure i make the right decision.

Yes you will re use your air bag. As long as you disconnect the battery you shouldn't have to worry about residual energy.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Yes you will re use your air bag. As long as you disconnect the battery you shouldn't have to worry about residual energy.
If it's anything like my 2005 Chevy SSR, there's a little more to it to disable the airbag. I follow the shop manual procedures for steering wheel R&R (probably done a dozen now) I haven't seen a Stingray shop manual, but that would be the place to find out exactly what the procedure is to disable the airbag before removing it.
That said, I seen them removed many time with only disconnecting the battery.
Personally, I'm not to fond of the idea of an airbag going off in my face. Not trying to scare anyone but I want to provoke some thought before just jumping in.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've done it around 300 times in the C6 and never had a problem.

If it's anything like my 2005 Chevy SSR, there's a little more to it to disable the airbag. I follow the shop manual procedures for steering wheel R&R (probably done a dozen now) I haven't seen a Stingray shop manual, but that would be the place to find out exactly what the procedure is to disable the airbag before removing it.
That said, I seen them removed many time with only disconnecting the battery.
Personally, I'm not to fond of the idea of an airbag going off in my face. Not trying to scare anyone but I want to provoke some thought before just jumping in.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts