Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
17,298 Posts
Correct, that is if you have a Z51 dry sump engine. Be sure you have read your manual on the correct way to measure the oil level for the Z51 since it is very different than for wet sump engines (like the non-Z51).

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
The dry sump Z06 system actually takes 9-1/2 quarts but I always have my dealer put in only 9 then I top up at home after checking it at operating temperature and waiting the prescribed 5-10 minutes. --Bob

Reactions: Bullitt

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had no idea I had the dry sump engine. Its a 2014 Premier Convertible. I took it to a friend who knows his stuff. He let it warm up and run before topping it off. Its my first oil change with it and expected 7qts. I'm definitely never going to track it but I guess its cool to have it. 😎

·
Registered
101 Posts
I had no idea I had the dry sump engine. Its a 2014 Premier Convertible. I took it to a friend who knows his stuff. He let it warm up and run before topping it off. Its my first oil change with it and expected 7qts. I'm definitely never going to track it but I guess its cool to have it. 😎
Yes, you REALLY need to find out if you have a Z51 package, as the oil amount and viscosity are different. Z51 has the slotted brake rotors (Best way to tell)

·
Administrator
17,298 Posts
An easy way to identify a non-Z51 vs Z51 is the oil dip stick. When you face the engine (from the front), the oil dip stick is on your right side of a non-Z51 and on the left side for a Z51 (dry sump) system. Or side differently, the oil dip stick is located on the driver side of a non-Z51 engine, and on the passenger side of a Z51 engine.

Reactions: red1996lt4

·
Administrator
17,298 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts