Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tired of fighting glare coming off of dash pad. I've seen various covers on web, but too many options to know whats any good, if any. . Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Similar problem, 2019 1LT, was recommended polarized sunglasses here. I went to my eye doctor's optician, and he fixed me up with an inexpensive set of clip-ons for my prescription eyeglasses. Problem solved. Works good for other vehicles too.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Problem is, polarized glasses significantly diminish the viewablity of the "Head Up" display. That became so annoying to me during the time we had a 3LT C7 with a light "natural" leather color dash that we're buying a 2LT now, in part to have a black dash.

·
Administrator
17,207 Posts
Problem is, polarized glasses significantly diminish the viewablity of the "Head Up" display. That became so annoying to me during the time we had a 3LT C7 with a light "natural" leather color dash that we're buying a 2LT now, in part to have a black dash.
It probably would have been less expensive ;) to buy a different manufacture's polarized sun glasses. Their impact varies significantly. Maui Jims are excellent quality polarized sun glasses and minimal impact on viewing the HUD in my experience.

Reactions: noxqq

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The top of my dash is black and produces glare. I make a point of not using cleaners that leave it shiny, but theres glare airway. Glove box area is gray.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ha ha… My problem isn’t with the dash pad, it’s the glare off those beautiful front fenders. I swear someone is welding while sitting on my fenders while I’m driving down the road.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts