Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that I do not have any day time running lights. The car is a manual trans and with the car running in neutral there is no DTRL. Is that normal? My 01 had them.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Turn them on. they are probably disabled on the turn signal?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok........but there is no switch for daytime running lights. I run the car in auto lights. The front lights should come on during the daytime without any tail lights. Do they only do this for Canadian cars now?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Did you look in the manual on page 6-2?
lamp control.jpg

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
huh?

mine just come on whenever I drive the car.....just like your post #3...sounds like CAN cars are diff....

My car idling in park:
Our Canadian cars are very different. There is a hook under the bumper for the dog sled team. ;)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Found out that they will only come on once the parking brake is released. :) I guess with the auto they come on when you shift out of park and the manual the parking brake must be released.

Thanks

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
Found out that they will only come on once the parking brake is released. :) I guess with the auto they come on when you shift out of park and the manual the parking brake must be released.

Thanks

That is good to know. Thanks for getting to the bottom of that for us.

Reactions: Suzy Cruisy

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
My wife's VW CC with the ebrake worked the same way until I made the DRL's switchable via the DIC with VAGCOM. Now they stay off all the time ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts