Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry now pictures released from GM yet, but Daytona Sunrise Orange is replacing Lime Rock Green for 2015's. It will be a delayed availability release (time not announced yet). Note, please, the final corrected name of this new color is Daytona Sunrise Orange, i.e., it is not Daytona Sunset Orange.

As previously announced, Cyber Gray will be replaced by a medium metallic gray, called Shark Gray?

NOTE: This is a picture of C6 in Daytona Sunset Orange, which is close but not exactly the same as Daytona Sunrise Orange. According to so e who have just seen a color chip of this new color, it is lighter than the Daytona Sunset Orange picture shown below. However, it looks nothing like Hugger Orange.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
John - do we have an archive pic of any car done in DSOM?

Update: Excellent suggestion Glen; inserted above. Thanks. John

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I wonder if this will make the 2014 LRG a collectors item?

Reactions: MYKZDRM

·
Registered
211 Posts
Not Daytona sunset? I swore it was "sunset."

Edit/Note, this post was identical to a couple of PM's received earlier, but later on in the day checked with Harlan Charles who made the original statement and he confirmed that is is Daytona Sunrise Orange. (Edit by "elegant.")

·
Registered
504 Posts
I saw a C6 in Daytona Orange a few months ago on a dealers lot. I guess it is an acquired taste ?

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
211 Posts
Definitely a fan of atomic, but based on renderings, I think I like orange on the c6 better than a c7. If only they offered Ithaca Verde I'd be set.

Sent from my EVO using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Right along side Cyber Gray ;)

We really wanted the Orange but honestly, not being a long time Corvette person I don't know if it's Atomic Orange or Daytona Sunset that we liked so much. Since it's late availability that makes me feel better about going with the 2014 and Cyber Gray. If we fall in love with the color then maybe we look to trade up in 2016.... A Sunset Orange 2016 Z06 sounds like a good aspirational car ;)

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
That works for me. ;)

As I've said several times on the forum, there isn't a 2014 color that doesn't look great on the C7, but LRG just grabbed my attention and wouldn't let go.

It's very much a classic racing green, made all the more stunning with the tint coat.

·
Registered
221 Posts
It's very much a classic racing green, made all the more stunning with the tint coat.
The Lime Rock Green is a great color. I may be biased having raced at Lime Rock, but I can't imagine the orange making up for the loss of this color.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
How close is LRG to BRG?

For you youngsters, BRG = British Racing Green. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Sorry now pictures released from GM yet, but Daytona Sunrise Orange is replacing Lime Rock Green for 2015's. It will be a delayed availability release (time not announced yet). As previously announced, Cyber Gray will be replaced by a medium metallic gray, called Shark Gray?

NOTE: This is a picture of C6 in Daytona Sunset Orange:

Elegant, is orange what you are considering for your Z06? Guessing it will "pop" on the C7. That color has caught my eye on the C6.

I've had yellow and white Vettes. White got boring fast (no offense to the AW owners out there). Yellow was my fav, but don't want a repeat.

I want to avoid highlighting the carbon flash trim, so I'm thinking TSG or black. Black would be my 1st choice if it wasn't so tough to keep clean for more than 15 minutes. Ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
How close is LRG to BRG?
For you youngsters, BRG = British Racing Green. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app
Mark; I wish I didn't know!;) I don't consider it close to BRG. To me the big difference is that there is no metal flake in old school BRG. I think my Brands Hatch Green 71 LT1 was a bit closer, but really it was not what I would consider BRG either.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts