Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had my lovely CGM Z51, Black Wheels, Stingray since October...

After a few brief weeks of fun, into winter hibernation she went until recently...

Thinking about Spring Cleaning....
After looking at photos and in person at the Victory flag emblem on the front and rear
as well as the "Corvette" script on the rear, I am seriously thinking about just
getting out the wife's hair dryer, pulling out a long strip of dental floss, and removing them....
On the fence about the side stingrays, I just think they are cool!

It's not that I am not enormously proud of having a Corvette, especially the C7, but the badges
definitely seem to detract from the lines....

I don't particularly care what others think, but almost everyone who has commented on the
car at the gas station, etc, have started out with "hey is that a Ferrari/Lamborghini"? So it is
not like I would be depriving GM of any free publicity for the brand....

Just imagining the badges gone, I can see a much cleaner more attractive car...

How many of you have done it? If you have, can you share some pix?

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Several have removed the Corvette script on the rear. I'm planning on removing mine too because it's annoying to have to clean that area. However, the front and rear emblems are inset and you'll have an inset of the emblem if you remove the emblem.

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
My thought is this: who cares what anyone else thinks about what I do to my car if I like it? I'm the one that paid for it, not them. Pay for it, own it, love it...it's yours to do whatever you want to do with it. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you went with Chrome rims, then the factory badges would tie in nicely. If you went with Black wheels like I did, the Chrome is a NO GO. I called Don at RPI today. He has custom painted Stingray emblems and front and rear crossed flags painted Carbon Flash to match the rest of the car. Set me back $215. As some people say, it is all in the details. Most people are completely happy being factory stock. Some people need to make a couple of tweaks. And some of us want to go the extra mile and dial in something that is truly custom and unique. Unfortunately, I fall in to the last category!!!

And hey, it is my first post on Stingray Forum. Glad to be on board!!!

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
If you went with Chrome rims, then the factory badges would tie in nicely. If you went with Black wheels like I did, the Chrome is a NO GO. I called Don at RPI today. He has custom painted Stingray emblems and front and rear crossed flags painted Carbon Flash to match the rest of the car. Set me back $215. As some people say, it is all in the details. Most people are completely happy being factory stock. Some people need to make a couple of tweaks. And some of us want to go the extra mile and dial in something that is truly custom and unique. Unfortunately, I fall in to the last category!!!

welcome....keep going , it is ALL in the details - see my build thread in my sig, for "details" like crazy....

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome! I think you are on right track....what color is your car? I have CGM with black wheels,
and am not sure how carbon fiber would look with that....I'm thinking great but if you have any
PicS you can post would be much appreciated..

·
Registered
504 Posts

I couldn't agree with you more!

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the words. Mine is a TR Z51 coupe, black rims, and carbon flash mirrors and spoilers with red/calipers. It was built 3-12, and just arrived Toledo for rail transport to Montana where I bought it from Ken Fichtner Chevrolet. Won't pick it up until 5-1-14:((((( Also, purchased side skirts and splitter from Lashway in Carbon Flash, so should be interesting to see the finished product. Goal is: Badd Azz

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thanks for the words. Mine is a TR Z51 coupe, black rims, and carbon flash mirrors and spoilers with red/calipers. It was built 3-12, and just arrived Toledo for rail transport to Montana where I bought it from Ken Fichtner Chevrolet. Won't pick it up until 5-1-14:((((( Also, purchased side skirts and splitter from Lashway in Carbon Flash, so should be interesting to see the finished product. Goal is: Badd Azz
I am in Miami and had the Lashway side skirts and splitter installed at their shop - in carbon flash. Also, changed the stingray side emblems to the carbon flash from RPI. They definitely look good with the black wheels IMO. Still debating on whether to change the front and rear emblems and script. CF Ray 1.jpg cF Ray 2.jpg side skirt 2.jpg sideskirt.jpg Spiltter.jpg

·
Registered
64 Posts

Oh, that's a cool idea - make the stingrays black. I'll have to do that - I also have the black rims.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
recoto, I think your mods look great, and you choose what mods you like!

SF
Rick

Reactions: autoxal

·
Registered
71 Posts
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg The pics aren't great, but you get the point. Black emblems to go with black rims.
$5.99 Plati-Dip I love this stuff. Helps me get rid of chrome on all of my vehicles. Best part, i can remove it when I sell the vehicle if they want chrome.

·
Registered
119 Posts
View attachment 5586 View attachment 5587 View attachment 5588 The pics aren't great, but you get the point. Black emblems to go with black rims.
$5.99 Plati-Dip I love this stuff. Helps me get rid of chrome on all of my vehicles. Best part, i can remove it when I sell the vehicle if they want chrome.
My first post!Waiting to order a 2015 White Z51 and I'm going completely opposite from my C5, NO CHROME! I'll remove the fish from the side(they look like guitars) and the chrome corvette logo. I just saw "dark tone flag emblems" on the Showstopper website and they look much better then the original flags. Also the black rims need black lug nuts. My question is, what is this plasti-dip that everyone speaks of? Never heard of it until the C7 came out. How is it applied and what does i t look like? where do you purchase it? Thanks Doug

·
Registered
119 Posts
Go to dipyourcar.com and watch the vids

Says it all....
Just went to the site and watched some vids and this stuff is awesome! I can see no problem in doing the chrome bar in the grille, although it would be better if it could be removed easily;does anyone know about removing it? Thanks for the info on the website, very interesting and cheap.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts