Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
16,489 Posts
Depends who you are talking to. Some say they will be at MSRP others are talking market adjustments of 5 to 10K. :cool:

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have a deposit at two dealerships; one quoted MSRP +$2,000; the other quoted MSRP +$695 dealer fee --- on allocation list for both but neither are allowed to take orders yet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANKS. Last time I checked with my dealer ( two weeks ago) no prices yet. For $ 500.00 I'm number 8 out of 15 allocations.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm going to see a Dealer tomorrow about ordering mine. I sent him an email how I wanted the car and he replied with the price. He said he will sell it to me for MSRP, we'll see if he's true to his word when I get up there.

·
Registered
372 Posts
My dealer just called me today. They are not marking up they said 55K to start. They will be getting 70 by september!!:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
I am paying MSRP for mine. I was told it would be in my hands about the second week in Sept. Has anyone else ordered torch red with adrenaline red interior, chrome wheels?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm going to see a Dealer tomorrow about ordering mine. I sent him an email how I wanted the car and he replied with the price. He said he will sell it to me for MSRP, we'll see if he's true to his word when I get up there.

Update: Placed my order and received an order number. There was no mention of a price increase, so I'm assuming that hes a man of his word. Also, I was told that he did not know when I would get it (late summer or early fall). I'm #5 to place my order at the dealership that has an allocation of 9.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Placed deposit during January at dealership in southern NH. They called Sunday and had me come in yesterday to choose options. Order completed and should be submitted within 2 weeks - MSRP. Stingray should be delivered end of August/begining of September.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Placed deposit during January at dealership in southern NH. They called Sunday and had me come in yesterday to choose options. Order completed and should be submitted within 2 weeks - MSRP. Stingray should be delivered end of August/begining of September.
Well... What did you go with?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just placed an order yesterday in Central Fla for an automatic coupe z51 3lt with a transparent top and chrome wheels - msrp all the way - still waiting for an order no.

·
Registered
35 Posts
MSRP - CLASSIC CHEVROLET - GRAPEVINE TEXAS - Call ERIC HALL and tell him CAMARO / CORVETTE SCOTTY SENT YOU 214-335-3710

LARGEST ALLOCATION in the WORLD for the new stingray at over 120 units!

BTW, be warned some dealers will be adding glass etching, paint sealant or other adds before your pick up....Many did with the new camaro, so do your research!

Also, any dealer can get you an order number, but it doesn't mean they have any allocation. Ask them to prove it with a letter from their district manager :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
My dealer is allocated 4 units. I stopped by for some *info* yesterday and wound up putting a deposit down on his 4th stingray! My wife is still mad at me and now I have to buy her a new rig too.
They are selling at MSRP. Night Race Blue with black leather, Z51 w/mag control susp, 3LT

My salesman is going to call me to go over everything next week and place the orders. My only question is stick or auto? I don't plan on racing the car on a track so I am leaning auto so it is easier for my wife to drive.

I couldn't stop grinning when I was at the bank getting the money for the deposit yesterday!

·
Registered
64 Posts
My dealer is allocated 4 units. I stopped by for some *info* yesterday and wound up putting a deposit down on his 4th stingray! My wife is still mad at me and now I have to buy her a new rig too.
They are selling at MSRP. Night Race Blue with black leather, Z51 w/mag control susp, 3LT

My salesman is going to call me to go over everything next week and place the orders. My only question is stick or auto? I don't plan on racing the car on a track so I am leaning auto so it is easier for my wife to drive.

I couldn't stop grinning when I was at the bank getting the money for the deposit yesterday!
Congratulations!!! In my own opinion, I used to drive a E46 M3 6-speed. Sold it last August and got myself a 4Runner to be abale to travel more with the dogs, etc. Needless to say, that was a bad choice. I miss driving manual every day (of course it a sports car and a sports car we are comparing here, but still). My recommendation is that if traffic is not crazy in your area, get the 7-speed. If you were in Atlanta or any other city with lots of traffic, I would say go with the auto. The manual is also $1,350 cheaper, and should be lighter. You are likely to save gas when not driving "enthusiastically" haha.

I did not track my car, but don't have enough fingers in my hand to count how many times the manual transmission saved my butt. It is just better all-around and less problematic usually. As far of your wife driving it, if you like your car a lot, you, and only you should drive it unless it is strictly necessary; the same goes for females lending their car to their husband. Anything can happen and then that is an unnecessary fight that can be avoided. If you guys are buying it for both, you should get something that makes you both happy, but learning manual is definitely not disfficult. Just make sure that she doesn't learn in the Corvette (learning on a 450 hp +car doesn't sound alike a great idea :p)

Enjoy that bad boy!

·
Registered
13 Posts
My wife actually likes a stick but I was thinking the auto would be nicer out touring.

I m so freaking excited it isn't funny. I am locked on with the last of the four stingrays my dealer is getting. I guess I should have told the wife first lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Found a dealer close to me and the salesman happened to be a old family friend.Pd list price and the felt it would be there by Oct 1.I finally went with the automatic.I am getting older and felt it was the best option.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
My wife actually likes a stick but I was thinking the auto would be nicer out touring.

I m so freaking excited it isn't funny. I am locked on with the last of the four stingrays my dealer is getting. I guess I should have told the wife first lol
If your wife likes stick, she is a keeper :eek: I am sure either auto or manual would be fine. I am just so used to manual that I find myself stomping on the floor board every other day :rolleyes:

·
Registered
63 Posts
FYI, Kerbeck has allocation (over 500!) and is selling at MSRP. The c7 is a 50-state car so Kerbeck will deliver to you anywhere in the USA. No reason to pay over MSRP. Contact Dave at Kerbeck for details.

BTW, I am not affiliated with them in any way. In fact, I'm buying mine locally in SoCal at MSRP. But I know that Kerbeck has available allocation and sells a helluva lot of Corvettes nationwide.

DON'T pay over MSRP. Put that money into options!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts