Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dealers were given, this morning, their Z06 allocation total for the first ordering cycle. The cycle will consist of the first Dealer Submission Ordering Process (DSOP) this Thursday, nothing the following week, and the second DSOP process starting on October 2nd. This particular top dealership was given, total, for this one cycle, 9+ % of his total 2015 allocation, and, as I was cautioned, the amount may not be evenly split between September 18th and October 2nd.

Specific constraint information remains on track to be distributed this Thursday.

UPDATE: Just talked to a second top dealership, and his allocation was the same really good percentage.

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
I will not be surprised if they are going to build even more Z06 this model year than they have already allocated. I think they gave a conservative estimate for their yearly allocation totals, just in case something goes wrong. If everything goes smoothly, I sort of expect them to give a second wave later this year after they finish building this first wave early. Giving 9% so soon sort of leaves that as an open possibility.

·
Registered
306 Posts
For the dealers who have at least one or more DSOP's and whose customer orders won't be under constraints, what is the latest update or news on target production dates and target delivery timeframes for the 1st cycle of Z06's?

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
The questions which you want to have answered hopefully will be somewhat more clear on Thursday when the constraint reports come out. Those should have a TPW associated with them. Of course, those are not set in stone, but may give some initial idea of the timeline, although there are still a lot of variables which will come into play, and also things might change.

Reactions: elegant

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rumors abound, but official GM comment remains, "some customer deliveries before the end of the year."

We have, on video from Carlisle, the Plant Paint Supervisor saying customer deliveries in late November. Have heard those optimistic rumors before, and on a repeat basis, but, so far, they have not yet "engineering validated" the StingRay's CFZ package which contains the identical aero component as will be optional on the Z06. If the aero packages are not constrained when announced this Thursday, would be more optimistic about customer deliveries earlier than late December. Or, maybe it will only be Stage 1's that are delivered earlier???

Rumors abound; we do not yet know, nor is it likely GM will telegraph an earlier delivery deadline. They positively surprised us on the StingRay coupe by ten days, the StingRay convertible by over a month....

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yeah as I figured as well... I have a #1 spot (1st cycle) and a #30 spot. These are separate refundable deposits at 2 different dealerships so if I pull the #1 trigger then I'm thinking at the earliest the delivery will be around the holiday months (Dec-Jan) as long as no constraints or production issues hold it up. The caveat is this #1 DSOP allocation must be a Coupe with 7-spd manual trans which is I what I prefer anyway. Although since I have a Z51 convertible now it's definitely persuading me to think 2x about upgrading to a Z06 convertible which my #30 spot can fulfill down the road. Decisions, decisions... :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts