Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know, especially dealers on the forum, whether you can put a special order in that states you don't want any badging on your car? They could just put them in a bag and throw them in the trunk. I saw some nice C7 flags in a smokey color(no chrome or bright colors) on a vendor site. I don't want the fish or chrome corvette logo on the car at all.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Does anyone know, especially dealers on the forum, whether you can put a special order in that states you don't want any badging on your car? They could just put them in a bag and throw them in the trunk. I saw some nice C7 flags in a smokey color(no chrome or bright colors) on a vendor site. I don't want the fish or chrome corvette logo on the car at all.
Fortunately, they are easily removed. Thanks to "glen e", here's the debadging thread:

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-corvette-appearance/893-debadging-c7.html

I'll like to replace the fish with the classic "Stingray" script that was used in the 1970s. I hope we see those on the aftermarket soon!
Corvette Stingray Emblem Black and White Picture Samsung Galaxy S4 Case / Samsung Galaxy S4 Cover for Sale by Paul Velgos

As they say, "To each his own".

·
Registered
502 Posts
I just rebadged mine last week and replaced with carbon flash painted badges. I talked with a number of folks - both members here and friends in the detailing industry and got lots of advice.

Forum member "glen e" has an entire thread on this topic, and I pretty much followed his guidelines, except I used 50lb test fishing line instead of dental floss. The dental floss broke too easily....

·
Registered
94 Posts
I just rebadged mine last week and replaced with carbon flash painted badges. I talked with a number of folks - both members here and friends in the detailing industry and got lots of advice.

Forum member "glen e" has an entire thread on this topic, and I pretty much followed his guidelines, except I used 50lb test fishing line instead of dental floss. The dental floss broke too easily....
Planning to do the same here. What did you use as adhesive for the new ones? Was it difficult to get straight or easy because of the insets in the hood? Any other advice on the application of the new emblems? I'm also looking at replacing the Corvette lettering in the back with carbon flash, but concerned about getting it back on straight/centered. Any thoughts?

Would appreciate any thoughts on the re-application that I need to be considering.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have to admit, I've had both emblems in my possession for a couple of weeks and the only thing keeping me from installing them is my insecurity about getting them perfectly straight. I've only taken badges off. Never put one back on! Can't help but wonder if it's freezing somewhere in Hell.

Any suggestions on getting them perfectly straight? Glen??

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Just do it, so you screw it up, so what?

take it off and do it again!!!

C'mon guys, it's just a car, not brain surgery operation on your kid..........I have put a coating on the door and it turned out HORRIBLE, so I go inside get the polisher and take it all off and do it again.

I painted a rear bezel and 20 min later, it all bubbled up, so I buy a new one for 80, clean it better and paint again!!!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Planning to do the same here. What did you use as adhesive for the new ones? Was it difficult to get straight or easy because of the insets in the hood? Any other advice on the application of the new emblems? I'm also looking at replacing the Corvette lettering in the back with carbon flash, but concerned about getting it back on straight/centered. Any thoughts?

Would appreciate any thoughts on the re-application that I need to be considering.
I've done this once, on my car...so NOT an expert....here is the "badge by badge" summary about positioning....as for adhesive, I had purchased new badges that were painted by RPI/aftermarket company, so they had adhesive already on them = peel and stick. The methodology of removal/surface prep has been covered....

Warning - the adhesive is VERY strong - you will only get one shot at this.....

Crossed Flags Emblems - these are the easiest, as they rest in an indented area - are easy to attach in the correct spot due to this. Suggest you fit them a couple times to visualize before removing adhesive backing. MAKE SURE you use the correct one for the location - the hood and rear ones are apparently different.......

StingRay emblems on front fenders - I used blue painters tape all the away around the perimeter of each BEFORE removing the original badges, taking care not to tear/remove the tape when removing the badges. I left about 1/8 inch between the edge of the badge and the tape all the way around. Again, not too challenging to position new ones with this method.

Rear "CORVETTE" lettering - this is, by far, the most challenging as it is actually 5 separate pieces, so you need to worry not only about their position on the car, but their position relative to each other. I again used painter's tape around the outer edge of the whole word - i.e. a rectangle - this takes care of the positioning on the vehicle. The challenge is the 5 pieces relative to each other, and here I "cheated"....I actually did a Buyer's Tour at BGA and watched my car being built. One of the "souvenirs" I got from the tour guide is a foam cutout piece that actually holds the pieces in position so you can apply all at once. This was used when the original, chrome "CORVETTE" was put on my car; but I did not get one with the replacement. So...I "loaded" each of the 5 pieces into the foam template, and attached at once. I have no idea if/where you could get one of these.....

Good luck!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've done this once, on my car...so NOT an expert....here is the "badge by badge" summary about positioning....as for adhesive, I had purchased new badges that were painted by RPI/aftermarket company, so they had adhesive already on them = peel and stick. The methodology of removal/surface prep has been covered....

Warning - the adhesive is VERY strong - you will only get one shot at this.....

Crossed Flags Emblems - these are the easiest, as they rest in an indented area - are easy to attach in the correct spot due to this. Suggest you fit them a couple times to visualize before removing adhesive backing. MAKE SURE you use the correct one for the location - the hood and rear ones are apparently different.......

StingRay emblems on front fenders - I used blue painters tape all the away around the perimeter of each BEFORE removing the original badges, taking care not to tear/remove the tape when removing the badges. I left about 1/8 inch between the edge of the badge and the tape all the way around. Again, not too challenging to position new ones with this method.

Rear "CORVETTE" lettering - this is, by far, the most challenging as it is actually 5 separate pieces, so you need to worry not only about their position on the car, but their position relative to each other. I again used painter's tape around the outer edge of the whole word - i.e. a rectangle - this takes care of the positioning on the vehicle. The challenge is the 5 pieces relative to each other, and here I "cheated"....I actually did a Buyer's Tour at BGA and watched my car being built. One of the "souvenirs" I got from the tour guide is a foam cutout piece that actually holds the pieces in position so you can apply all at once. This was used when the original, chrome "CORVETTE" was put on my car; but I did not get one with the replacement. So...I "loaded" each of the 5 pieces into the foam template, and attached at once. I have no idea if/where you could get one of these.....

Good luck!
Thank you for the detailed response and suggestions - very helpful to me! The emblems don't concern me any longer. Now if I can just find a foam cutout applicator for the lettering. I'm such a perfectionist - if I don't get it right, it will bother me everytime I see it.

·
18,670 Posts
All Z06's come with carbon flash badging and emblems, unless you choose to special order option "EYT," in which case they come with chrome edged badging and emblems just like the 2014 StingRay. Here's an example of the standard black Z06 emblem.

Interestingly, for 2015, there is going to be a new option code that one must select that will result on all StingRay badges similarly between carbon-flash black-edged emblems and badges.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Interestingly, for 2015, there is going to be a new option code that one must select that will result on all StingRay badges similarly between carbon-flash black-edged emblems and badges.
Hi John,

I don't understand what this new option code is for the 2015 StingRays, what checking it does, or what not checking it does. Can you help?

Thank you,

Rodney

·
Registered
755 Posts
Hi Guys:

I finally got all my badges done in CF and they are BAD ASS!!! I love the look on the Cyber Gray Metalic and to be safe I put some change in a dealer bodymans pocket and he did the job for me and did it right in less than one hour for all five badges. The CORVETTE word looked the most difficult but it turned out to be the easiest as all the letters are in an inset and go on at the same time when you take them out and leave the clear sticky on. As long as you tape out the space it fits like a glove after you clean the surface. I am so happy about the mod as miniscule as it may seem. These are all OEM badges and cost less than $100. at dealer cost for the full set. I had to do it in batches as they were not all available in Canada at the same time. Hence the delay in completeing the job. Photos to follow..........

STUNG:cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts