Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1st if you like all your badges, skip this thread - nothing to see here. But if you are like me, I hate the plastic all over most catrs - I don't need to know if it's a camaro or an accord, or in this case a "corvette" on the back. It also holds wax and tears my buffing towel when detailing. And the side "stingrays"...well, they are just ......... So here's how it's done.

Go to CVS and get what's in this pic:

If you are in the north, a hair dryer to warm the badge helps, some will use a heat gun, I don't like them on paint so here's the easy way.

1. Get a little eye drop bottle and fill it with Goo gone. Use it to put drops on the tape behind the badge, re-wetting it every 15 min..for an hour...and please, before I get attacked with mis info, , I've been doing this for 10 years, goo gone is fine on paint for an hour...it's citrus......
2. use the floss to get behind the badge and "saw" it off..if you waited an hour, it should fall off with very little effort
3. use your fingers and a MF rag to gently rub with more goo gone until the area is free of adhesive.
4. re wash and wax the area

done!

·
Administrator
15,025 Posts
While I have debadged or ordered some of my cars in the past 'naked':D I believe I read that some if not all of the C7 badges are countersunk in the body. Removing them therefor might not result in the effect you would like.:cool:

·
Registered
89 Posts
did not look that way to me when I looked last week at one in person - the front is taped on. Do you mean pinned? per my original post, I never advocated messing with the flags...
Trust me. :)

Front

Rear

·
Registered
89 Posts
thx..

so back to my original post.....
You had stated that "only the rear flag is countersunk", I just wanted to be sure that folks knew that both flag emblems were. The Corvette script is not, nor are the Stingray emblems but anyone wanting to remove the flags has a fair amount of work to do.

·
Administrator
15,025 Posts
Thanks for clarifying talon90

·
Registered
680 Posts
I kept the side stingray badges and the front and rear corvette flag, as it's the new C7 version. They look great on the car. I did request the dealership not put their own on when doing the make ready. That was a good move :)

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I kept the side stingray badges and the front and rear corvette flag, as it's the new C7 version. They look great on the car. I did request the dealership not put their own on when doing the make ready. That was a good move :)
Hate dealer stickers. :(

·
18,667 Posts
Here are a couple of pictures of the rear being "Corvette lettering" debadged. Badge removal in the pictures below is easily by following glen e's first post above.

And the one below also "fender StingRay" badge removed.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Me too! First order of business is a Dealer Sticker Delete Kit.
There's an easier answer.... when you show up to take delivery if the dealer ignored the request to leave their decal off, look at the salesman/manager and ask with a straight face, "So where do I send the invoice for the advertising fee?"

I've never seen someone move so quickly to rip a decal/plate frame off a car ;)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yes make sure you tell dealer not to put any dealer stickers on C7. That was first order of business for me. I also told them to dealer add-ons. When I did my financing I noticed they tried adding something like $600 for some clear coat or pinstriping or something like that. I told them I custom ordered the car and do not want any dealer add-ons. The guy was like "well we put it on all the cars when they come in". My reply was, "well, the car isn't here yet, wont be here for a week and you wont be putting anything on this car" So he took it off.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have had a few salesman's jaw drop as they were showing me the new car, I was peeling off their sticker with my nails in front of them...I then just hand it to them and politely ask them to throw it away for me...

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I plan on black plastidip to blacken the side Stingrays. Think they look cool but the chrome is cheesy.
x2..black out the corvette letters too -- a nice look

·
Registered
214 Posts
What is the black plastidip product? Do you apply that with the badges on?

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)

·
Registered
53 Posts
x2..black out the corvette letters too -- a nice look
Didn't think about that. Leaning toward debadging the Corvette letters and blacking the Stingray emblems and maybe the chrome strip on the air dam. Don't want anything shiny showing. Ordered the Laguna Blue Tintcoat with black wheels.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts