Stingray Corvette Forum banner

61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Anyone used the eraser wheel that attaches to a power drill?
A few reported burns on paint , but I suspect the lack of experience contributed a lot to the problem.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
The "Fish" is part of Sting Ray history, C7 emblem is a return of the original Sting Ray concept car emblem.

Return of Original SR Emblem Poster.png

·
Registered
21 Posts
My Black/Brownstone Z51 Coupe will be here any day. I've heard that some owners are putting on a Z51 badge(s). A Has anybody done this? Pictures? Where can I get Z51 badges and where do you put them?

Thanks, RoyC7

·
Administrator
16,510 Posts
Welcome to our forum RoyC7 and congrats on your Z51 purchase!:cool:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Showstopper has the Z51 badges you are looking for, he's a supporting member I believe.

·
Registered
419 Posts
My Black/Brownstone Z51 Coupe will be here any day. I've heard that some owners are putting on a Z51 badge(s). A Has anybody done this? Pictures? Where can I get Z51 badges and where do you put them?

Thanks, RoyC7
RoyC7, I got mine from Roger at emblemPROS. Installed it on the right end of the spoiler. Would post a link but they aren't a supporting forum member.

View attachment 21883

Reactions: VanSant62

·
Registered
450 Posts
I just did the same to mine, looks so much cleaner without the script, yours looks great!

Reactions: C7 Zo6

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Just curious. But does anyone know if there is StingRay logo lettering that could replace the Corvette logo on the rear? I'd want something similar in size to the existing Corvette text, but this script instead:

stingray logo no fish.jpg

I like the look of this better than the Corvette lettering.

Reactions: ssscooter66

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Do you have a dremel and an hour free? Or would it be sacrilege to pollute a C7 with a badge bought from a Japanese manufacturer (Suzuki)?
wagonr-stingray-rear-chrome-badge-640x480-31072013_640x480.jpg

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
5,109 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
IMG_0241.jpg

After I debadged the rear, I found this, was there a rear key lock in mind at one point, or is it an injection point?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have lived all my driving life in Cali and Oregon. Never had a car with a dealer "stinker" on it. My stingray was purchased in Ohio and shipped. They did put a sticker in engine compartment.

·
Registered
450 Posts
You had stated that "only the rear flag is countersunk", I just wanted to be sure that folks knew that both flag emblems were. The Corvette script is not, nor are the Stingray emblems but anyone wanting to remove the flags has a fair amount of work to do.
My flags came off easier than the fish. I used Glen E advice and worked well, the badges came off ok and the tape I just rolled off, not much residue on the flags but the fish were a pain.

61 - 80 of 96 Posts