·
Registered
450 Posts
Thanks for the tips Glen.

·
Registered
65 Posts
3M General Purpose Adhesive Remover

THanks Glen. You motivated me to pull the script off the rear of my car in time for Saturday's first big car show in the Pacific NW. If someone does not have Goo Off around the house may as well buy the 3M product made for that app. A few drops over 20 mins and I peeled emblem parts right off. (available at professional auto body/paint supply store) Then moistened a microfiber rag with the adhesive remover to remove the remaining glue off the car. Love the clean lines now!

Attachments

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have Goof Off and Goo Gone, I used the Goo Gone, wasn't too convinced that the Goof Off would be ok on the paint. Eye droppers at Walmart , one bent and one straight for $1.49.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I will try the de badging and re badging once I come back from vacation. I am also thinking about re using the old chromed badges to make something like a framed wall deco. Will post something once done.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Was inspired by this thread and the helpful instructions... So, got to work yesterday... Very Happy with the results. --- I really like the much cleaner look, featuring just the logo badge... and look forward to much easier cleaning of this area in the future. Thanks for the inspiration and great instructions!

1.JPG

·
18,670 Posts
I prefer the clean look, and also so much easier to clean a flat surface than one with badges, especially with letter and/or inside spaces. As glen e noted years ago, getting dirt and wax out of those spaces is a pain, as is getting towels caught on them. On our current three vehicles, I have removed 10 badges/emblems.

Others like them, and I have good friends who have added additional badges to their C7's.

So nice we each get to choose!

·
Registered
456 Posts
WD 40 and dental floss works well.

fltsfshr

·
Registered
89 Posts
2014 Corvette_0376.jpg

I prefer the clean look also.

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,172 Posts
So I finally came around and decided I like the look without the stingray and wanted to remove them. I got my Goo Gone and sprayed a Q-Tip and used the Q-Tip and dabbed around the edges of the tape and waited about 20 minutes and grabbed the dental floss but it kept breaking but was working. I am not a very patient guy and tend to look for better or more efficient use of my time.

So, I grabbed my non-marring trim removal tools and gently slid under the badge and slowly pushed and gently lifted a little at a time and it took about 10-15 minutes to remove both emblems and clean off the access goo gone and it was 40 degrees outside and I didn't use any heat. Thanks for this thread and wanted to add a lesson learned in case it might help someone else.

1st if you like all your badges, skip this thread - nothing to see here. But if you are like me, I hate the plastic all over most catrs - I don't need to know if it's a camaro or an accord, or in this case a "corvette" on the back. It also holds wax and tears my buffing towel when detailing. And the side "stingrays"...well, they are just ......... So here's how it's done.

Go to CVS and get what's in this pic:

If you are in the north, a hair dryer to warm the badge helps, some will use a heat gun, I don't like them on paint so here's the easy way.

1. Get a little eye drop bottle and fill it with Goo gone. Use it to put drops on the tape behind the badge, re-wetting it every 15 min..for an hour...and please, before I get attacked with mis info, , I've been doing this for 10 years, goo gone is fine on paint for an hour...it's citrus......
2. use the floss to get behind the badge and "saw" it off..if you waited an hour, it should fall off with very little effort
3. use your fingers and a MF rag to gently rub with more goo gone until the area is free of adhesive.
4. re wash and wax the area

done!

Attachments

·
Registered
656 Posts
I love the Stingray badges, but am seriously considering removal of the"CORVETTE" on the rear bumper cover. It's a pain to clean and easily shows dirt and grime between the letters.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I love the Stingray badges, but am seriously considering removal of the"CORVETTE" on the rear bumper cover. It's a pain to clean and easily shows dirt and grime between the letters.
I de badged my Arctic White removing chrome and adding carbon flash badges, the result is terrific. I was debating on the "Corvette" on the rear bumper, wax and dirt get trapped easily there, but I kinda like it, so for now I will leave it as it is.

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,172 Posts
I changed the fish from Chrome to Carbon Flash and now to None as I like to do little tweaks to keep me from boredom!

I de badged my Arctic White removing chrome and adding carbon flash badges, the result is terrific. I was debating on the "Corvette" on the rear bumper, wax and dirt get trapped easily there, but I kinda like it, so for now I will leave it as it is.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I feel like somewhat of a poser removing the Corvette badge, as people already ask me what kind of car it is, and that's the only badge that makes it obvious to anyone that it's a Corvette.

I'm comfortable/proud driving an American sports car, and am not trying to fool anyone in to thinking it's a Ferrari 599 or 812 or something.

That being said, my car is a daily driver and the dirt buildup is starting to drive me crazy. I think the badge might be going away soon

81 - 96 of 96 Posts