Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
C7 Corvette Stingray Skip Shift Eliminator

Also called CAGS Defeat

Do you hate the 1-4 skip shift installed on the C7 Manual Transmission? This little device will eliminate that annoying issue.

Our corvette skip shift kit will allow you to disable the Computer Aided Gear Selection (CAGS) feature of your C6 Corvette's 7-speed gearbox. This kit comes with the correct connectors, plugs and seals to protect your wiring harness and CAGS solenoid to allow you to re-connect the harness for full CAGS function, if you so desire. This kit is designed for use a C7 Corvette only. Will not fit C5 or C6 Corvette. No permanent modifications are required to install this product.

In stock here: C7 Corvette Skip Shift Eliminator CAGS

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Nice, I'll need to get one of these, and very reasonably priced. ;)

·
Registered
286 Posts
I installed this 2 weeks ago and it works. I tried installing it myself but I found it too difficult to remove the connector from the transmission while lying on my back under the car. I could not get my hand and arm in the right position to release the connector latch mechanism. A shop in town put the car on a lift and lickety-split installed it. I still get the warning message on the HUD but I can now make the 1-2 shift under any condition.

Many of the major city roads in my area have 2 left turn lanes. Starting out from a red light 2 to 3 cars back my acceleration fell into the range of the CAGS control algorithm. In making the left turn, I’m trying to watch the car on my left as we both make the turn in formation, watch the car in front of me to keep a separation distance, and keep an eye on the car coming in the opposite direction also turning. Then, as my hand moves from the steering wheel to make a quick 1-2 shift holding slight pressure along the left gate path, I can’t get into the 2 gate. Instead of getting my hand quickly back onto the steering wheel to complete the turn, I’m losing acceleration and fumbling around for the 4 gate. Also, I have now lost smooth coordination between the shift, clutch and accelerator.

Perhaps I would have learned to drive under CAGS in time, but the CAGS eliminator solved the problem.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Installed my CAGS eliminator this afternoon... a wonderful sixty degree, early spring, Wisconsin day... jacked up at the driver side rear jack spot (using my old pucks from the C5 - fit and worked great - as was pointed out, if the pin sticking up is a small diameter, the puck will clear body panels even though it's 3" O.D.). Put a jack stand near pivot point of forward lower A arm, 'just in case'. Cardboard under car to slide around easy, reached up with screwdriver to unsnap the clasp on the plug... pop... piece of cake. Put both plugs in their place... kept the existing insulating sleeve (that just rides on the wiring), pushed loose harness end into it, then pushed the whole thing over the plug on the trans. Pushed wire upward and wire tied to the hole in the tab cast on the transmission (you'll know it when you see it). I am guessing the upward pressure of the wiring, will keep the insulated sleeve in place. We'll see. That's my two mods for now :) Will drive it for a while, and see if anything else strikes my fancy.

Reactions: greggshere

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I got mine a couple of weeks ago, but haven't installed it yet. I haven't yet experienced the skip shift yet, I must drive spirited enough I don't need it. :) That said, I plan to put it and my Filtermag on this weekend when I jack her up for the first time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts