Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My C7 is scheduled for production tomorrow, Monday the 10th. How long does it take to build the vehicle?
Thanks for any info.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
27 Posts
From what my dealer told me it takes 2 months for Chevy to build a car... in the c7 case he said 2 to 3... but he has a guy that has been waiting for 3.5 month...

·
Registered
873 Posts
My C7 is scheduled for production tomorrow, Monday the 10th. How long does it take to build the vehicle?
Thanks for any info.

Did they tell you the TPW is 02/10, or your car was being built that day? TPW is Target Production WEEK, and your car could roll of the line anytime between Monday morning to Saturday afternoon. The actual time on the line is 1 1/2 - 2 days. If your car actually comes of the line on the 10th, it started on Saturday the 8th.

·
18,670 Posts
From start of production to delivery can vary greatly. It could take less than two weeks, could take 6 weeks plus.

Or is the question, "how long from the time the chassis starts down the production line until that car's assembly is complete?" That is a couple of days, sometimes a little less.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dealer told me it was set to be built on 2/10. That's the only info I have.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Mine was ordered on 12/12/13, built 1/22/14, delivered to dealer 1/29/14, in my garage 2/7/14.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Mine was ordered on 12/12/13, built 1/22/14, delivered to dealer 1/29/14, in my garage 2/7/14.
As I've posted on another thread, I was also built on 01/22/14 and have been at 4D00 in BG since then! I can't find out why. Forum member Itoman is experiencing the same thing to date. He also has been unable to find out why.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My TPW is 2/10( anytime this week). It will be ready for museum delivery on 2/26. Based on my schedule I am taking delivery on 3/7.
If you are not doing the museum delivery, there are many variables as to when it will be at your dealer's.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to all for the helpful information. Been waiting since 10/15/13 so you know how anxious I am. At least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Thanks for any info.
Based on a video I posted up several weeks ago the stated time it takes to build a C-7 is 3.5 days.(at the time that the video was done) That is from first part to final assembly. I assume any QC inspection will add to the total time factor.(at that time the build rate was stated to be 17.2 cars a day off the line)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I was just at my dealer this past weekend and noticed a Torch Red getting ready for delivery. I had my salesman check and that car was built 1/27 and made it to the dealer on 2/5. Seeing some posts above, there's hope that 2 weeks from build date is possible. Seems like 4 weeks is more likely but you just never know....

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the info Easton5150. Been waiting for my Z51 since October. Hoping it gets made this week and ships soon. Can't wait to finally get hold of it!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Chip. Would love to see that video. What section is it posted in?

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
Thanks for any info.

Did they tell you the TPW is 02/10, or your car was being built that day? TPW is Target Production WEEK, and your car could roll of the line anytime between Monday morning to Saturday afternoon. The actual time on the line is 1 1/2 - 2 days. If your car actually comes of the line on the 10th, it started on Saturday the 8th.

Hey Greg,

Fdx is correct! From the time your C7 is slated to be built it takes 1 ½ -2 days to get down the line. If your TPW is shown, it does not mean that your C7 will be built that specifc day but during that week. The TPW’s can also change as they are not set in stone and do change often.

Thanks Fdx for the info! :cool:

As I've posted on another thread, I was also built on 01/22/14 and have been at 4D00 in BG since then! I can't find out why. Forum member Itoman is experiencing the same thing to date. He also has been unable to find out why.
Hey Boomer,

I know that you have been working with Terrell on your order status. If you want to send us a PM, I will ask one of my internal resources about your order to see if there is any other information available. I cannot guarantee anything because I know Terrell is giving up to date information. We can try for you!

I hope y’all have a great week,

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Hey Greg,

Fdx is correct! From the time your C7 is slated to be built it takes 1 ½ -2 days to get down the line. If your TPW is shown, it does not mean that your C7 will be built that specifc day but during that week. The TPW’s can also change as they are not set in stone and do change often.

Thanks Fdx for the info! :cool:

Hey Boomer,

I know that you have been working with Terrell on your order status. If you want to send us a PM, I will ask one of my internal resources about your order to see if there is any other information available. I cannot guarantee anything because I know Terrell is giving up to date information. We can try for you!

I hope y’all have a great week,

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Thank you. I have sent the PM.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Thanks Chip. Would love to see that video. What section is it posted in?
Here you go Greg; The info. I quoted is in Part 2, but you will enjoy watching both parts 1 & 2, so they are here- Part 1:http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-corvette-photos-videos/2419-chevy-corvette-stingray-c7-behind-scenes-s-design-engineering-part-1-a.html

Part 2 is here: http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-corvette-photos-videos/2494-chevy-corvette-stingray-c7-behind-scenes-s-design-engineering-part-2-a.html

·
Registered
36 Posts
My TPW is 2/10( anytime this week). It will be ready for museum delivery on 2/26. Based on my schedule I am taking delivery on 3/7.
If you are not doing the museum delivery, there are many variables as to when it will be at your dealer's.
We are taking delivery on 3/7 as well!

Reactions: Lipstic
1 - 20 of 31 Posts