Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sent off my deposit check to Mac Mulkin this morning. We're off to Williamsburg VA on Tuesday (Chip, is there a cars and coffee in Richmond next Saturday?). Then off to Birmingham Al on the 29th to the 8th with a trip to Destin FL in the middle of that.

99% sure on 3LT Crystal Red with Brownstone interior. Most likely a base Corvette this time around. We'll see, another 2+ weeks to juggle this around in my head.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Congrats. Are you going with the 8AT, as your buyback had a 6AT? By having them buy back your 14, you got to upgrade the transmission. A silver lining, perhaps.

The showroom is impressive at MacMulkin. Entire second floor of the building is Corvettes.

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, most likely going with the A8 (Wife has to drive). Won't be going to NH, a courtesy or museum delivery, but my wife's back may not be able to handle a 2,000 mile journey with no reclining seats (I could go alone though, I'd just be alone when I got home).

Reactions: NightRaceRick

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
99% sure on 3LT Crystal Red with Brownstone interior.
Brownstone will be beautiful in a Crystal red, you're going to love it!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it will! Rotolo Chevrolet has a 2014 in that exact color, so I went down last week to look and WOW!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Yes, most likely going with the A8 (Wife has to drive). Won't be going to NH, a courtesy or museum delivery, but my wife's back may not be able to handle a 2,000 mile journey with no reclining seats (I could go alone though, I'd just be alone when I got home).
Your wife's back problems...due to an auto accident, right? So sorry to hear she's still suffering.

I've read the Volvo S60 has the most comfortable seats on the market for back problems. They also have a great accident safety reputation. Would something like that possibly be a better, more considerate automotive purchase choice given your wife's condition?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your wife's back problems...due to an auto accident, right? So sorry to hear she's still suffering.

I've read the Volvo S60 has the most comfortable seats on the market for back problems. They also have a great accident safety reputation. Would something like that possibly be a better, more considerate automotive purchase choice given your wife's condition?
Yes, from an accident, but the pain is only from prolonged sitting. She has a Lexus and she doesn't like the Volvo style. She loves the style of the Corvette Stingray.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I didn't think the Brownstone interior was listed as an option for 2015.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts