Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just a couple of days ago I did speak to someone that has very good knowledge on the pricing of the new ZO6. I asked him point blank if I wanted a stage 2 with an automatic and not much else what would it most likely MSRP at???? He thought it would come in somewhere around 99K. No matter how you slice it (affordability or not) thats alot of money. I know alot of you guys are extremely knowledgable on these cars. My question is what would a car like this be worth in say 4 years with about 16,000 to 18,000 miles on it??? I have owned more cars over the decades than carter has pills and am just trying to figure out if its worth it for me. I live in the midwest where you can only "realistically" drive the car about 5 to 6 months out of the year. Iam not going to race it or anything like that. I just simply think its the coolest most macho looking car I've ever seen. The other thing that went thru my mind when he said 99K is the fact that I could order a 2015 C7 Z51 and cosmetically dress it up for about 5 to 6K and come in around 75K and have what I call a "ZO6 look alike". Would love to hear your thoughts. THANK YOU. PS This guy truly has first hand knowledge of pricing but I gave him my word that I would not use his name. I also went to EBAY and looked at a couple of 2013 ZO6's but Iam not convinced that is a realistic comparison since there is such a radical change to this new car. PS Also can someone explain to me in plain language the difference between the "CFZ option" and the "CFV option"???? Again, I THANK YOU.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I've been hearing the base coup Z06 starting at $75,000 you go and add Z51 and then the price is in the low 80's.
My reasoning is that GM will price it so A person would be better off buying it than adding things to their current C7.Thats my take on it.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Sorry I think your friend is too high by $10k. In any case no one can predict the future there are many factors that go into what a car might be worth down the road. My guess would by around 50% give or take 10%. It's all about supply and demand.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
KBB gives the C7 10 best resale value rating: Kelley Blue Book

A lot depends on condition, In 1994 I sold a 25,000 mile 1986 Mustang GT Convert I bought new. Never driven in winter always garaged never wrecked, car showed like new.
The retail at the time was $5600.00, I got $10,000.00 for it. If you keep it in premium condition you can demand the premium dollar.
This might rub some people here the wrong way but...if you're wanting to get the most at resale time you need the largest base of potential buyers and that means no modifications
keep it as it came from the factory. Mods you think are great 95% of buyers won't like, and I say this as someone who has bought and sold many Corvettes over the last 50 years.
If you want to modify a car to your personal liking that's OK but realize the negative side at resale time.

Reactions: Suzy Cruisy

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hopefully your friend is adding dealer markup to his price. If not many/most will be disappointed.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Great reply regguy1. As an example I bought a new in 2008 ZO6 out the door for 72K (12K off MSRP) and three years later with 17K miles on it I received 61K trade-in for it.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Great reply regguy1. As an example I bought a new in 2008 ZO6 out the door for 72K (12K off MSRP) and three years later with 17K miles on it I received 61K trade-in for it.
Thanks,
I could give other examples of the condition bringing a quick sale and top dollar, I sold a 2005 Honda Civic we bought new, paid $16,500.00 for it and got $13,500.00 6 years later.
I linked this inspection video to the ad and also linked Carfax report and posted a dozen high quality photos. Next morning I get an email and they couldn't get here fast enough. by 2;00 the next afternoon car was gone. The car was in exceptional as new condition and that made a lot of difference to the buyer.

Reactions: LT1xL82
1 - 7 of 7 Posts