Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
]I would like to thank Glen E for all the tips on detailing. He really is a wealth of information. Heres what I used and the steps to create Whiplash!!!

1. Wash car with Meguires Gold Class shampoo
2 Clay car used Griots Clay and speed shine
3. Polish with Blackfires Gloss Enhancing polish on a LC black pad 6.5 inch on a GG 6 inch DA
4.Wet Diamond Total Paint protection. This is a sealant that causes whiplash!! See my photo. It truly gives an absolute wet shine that is supreme slick. Used a blue pad
5. Tomorrow I will wax with Midnight Sun

The Blackfire products are real easy to use. It's easy on and off

So once again thanks Glen for all your advice and wisdom. I'm so happy I avoided the Opticoat and the other expensive Details. I now can do it myself. It's actuallyEasy!!!

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

Attachments

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Based on the info on autogeek's site I was planning on using the white pad for the polish and either a blue or black for the sealant, if I don't do the sealant by hand. I'll be testing it out on my black Silverado, gray Boxster and the wife's silver CC so I'll have some practice before I need to do my future C7. :)

I'm using the LC CCS Smart pads on a Porter Cable DA.

White Polishing Foam 6.5 inch- Less dense foam formula for the application of waxes, micro-fine polishes and sealants. This pad has very light cutting power so its perfect for pre-wax cleaners.

Blue Finessing Foam 6.5 inch – This blue foam pad has soft composition for applying glaze, finishing polish, sealants, and liquid waxes. The soft pad has no cut, making it perfect for applying nonabrasive products evenly.

BTW the car looks great!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Yes I've read a lot and elected o use the grey and blue pads. Since my paint was in excellent condition I had no need for any cutting from a white pad.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yes Cyber....after reading your original post about taking glen e's suggestion of the Blackfire products, I ordered them, along with a random orbital buffer. Your results are amazing! I can't wait for my Cyber Gray C7 to get here! BTW, I hope you don't mind, but after seeing your red calipers, I added that option to my order. You have a stunning StingRay, Cyber! :cool:

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
if anyone is reading this, cyber read a bunch and deviated from my original suggestion of products as he studied and we discussed.

For the novice I still suggest:
1. same pads and orbital as he used
2. dawn dishwash soap wash to strip it - clay during soaping, this is one time use of dawn
3. orbital Polish on Blackfire TOTAL POLISH AND SEAL and buff off by hand
4. Apply two coats of Blackfire crystal seal 4 hours apart.

after washes, dry car with duragloss aquawax spray...dry and seal at the same time - super easy..

If anyone want's detailed instructions, send me a email at [email protected] and I'll send you a detailed MS word doc...looks like this for 3-6 months

·
Registered
220 Posts
if anyone is reading this, cyber read a bunch and deviated from my original suggestion of products as he studied and we discussed.

For the novice I still suggest:
1. same pads and orbital as he used
2. dawn dishwash soap wash to strip it - clay during soaping, this is one time use of dawn
3. orbital Polish on Blackfire TOTAL POLISH AND SEAL and buff off by hand
4. Apply two coats of Blackfire crystal seal 4 hours apart.

after washes, dry car with duragloss aquawax spray...dry and seal at the same time - super easy..

If anyone want's detailed instructions, send me a email at [email protected] and I'll send you a detailed MS word doc...looks like this for 3-6 months
E-mail sent, Glen! Thanks for everything you do on these boards. You and several others contribute so much to those of us less learned. ;-) We all appreciate it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks to Glen again! Super helpful and patient with me when I was getting ready to prepare my wash/detail on my new C7!

On a side note Glen, I'm really tempted to buy the rinseless wash you told me about as it is getting chilly here in So. Cal. and I shiver thinking of the cold water coming out of my hose... only down side is that I still have a full bottle of Meguire shampoo and a brand new wash mitt!

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
rinseless wash - the best way to wash a car

my last 3 cars have never seen a hose...why? because I discovered the "garry dean wash method"...it's great for summer or winter:

after rinsing off if really dirty...he sells some stuff here, but any rinseless product works great - turtle wax rinseless at walmart is great stuff...watch the method here:

How to Rinseless Car Wash using the GDWM and Infinite Use Detail Juice - Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum

why is this "better" than a hose?
1. cleans just as well and leaves a gloss product
2. can do it anywhere
3. no hose to mess with
4. DOES NOT scratch - even better than two bucket..as you NEVER contaminate your wash solution....

note: you MUST use good microfiber towels, no cheapos from the auto parts store - at least 6 or 7....good 560 GSM rated towels...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Today I finished off with Midnight Sun Wax. As you can see the finish is slick and WET.
The Blackfire Line of products are fantastic and work great. I am sold on this technique. All the work pays off. My car is truly better than Showroom!!! ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1387050126.736566.jpg ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1387050139.536171.jpg

·
Registered
317 Posts
Wow,you guys are serious!But after owning 3 triple black garage queens at one time I can appreciate the work that is involved,I just got tired being a slave to them.Nice to have a white car that looks just fine after an application of Meguiars NXT.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts