Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not having success getting a new Diablo Trinity to communicate with my Windows 8 Computer after loading the USB and DS Downloader Driver...

Anyone encountered similar issue and if so how was it resolved?

Scott

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thats Funny..not really. I purchased a Trinity for my 2013 ZL1 last year and they kept stringing everyone along for MONTHS...never did get a tune for it. They had one for the 2012 but not the 2013, but advertised it to work on the 2013. I sold tuner at a loss. No more Diablo for me..EVER.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Diablosport has tunes for the 2014 C7, comparing apples to oranges. Btw, why would you buy a tuner before a tune was released?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Diablosport has tunes for the 2014 C7, comparing apples to oranges. Btw, why would you buy a tuner before a tune was released?
Well MJW930..Thats an excellent question. I wish I had all night to explain every detail of every forum thread and quote from Diablosport on their site about the 2013 ZL1 tune "COMING SOON"...THE FORUM THREAD THAT WENT ON FOR MONTHS...the thread that lead EVERY 2013 ZL1 OWNER TO BELIEVE THAT AS WITH THE 2012 ZL1, A 2013 TUNE WOULD BE AVAILABLE SOON....but the short answer is that before any of this took place, before I ever went to the Diablosport forum searching for 2013 zl1 topics, A RESELLER CALLLED TORQ ADVERTISED THE TRINITY FOR THE 2013 CAMARO ZL1....so silly me.....I bought it and it didn't work. Then when I contacted Diablo and pointed out the fact that a vendor of theirs was advertising it on their website as a tuner for the 2013 ZL1....Torq appologized and changed their website to ( not available yet). Apples to oranges? I was sharing my experience with spaceaholic about my disappointment with the trinity and Diablosport...just as he obviously was not satisfied considering he was ready to sell it at half price. Thats Apples to Apples....Diablosport and the Trinity programmer. Please enlighten me with your wisdom as you seem to know more about my experience with Diablo than I do. Normally I appreciate someones 2 cents..not today.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Obviously I hit a sore spot, sorry. Sounds like you learned a valuable lesson, the manufacturer is always the source of truth on what it's products can or can't do, never a reseller.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just installed (Saturday) the Intune 87 Octane with my own augmentations to my '15 Yukon SLT 5.3L and truly, and actually feel the difference so much that I ordered a second one at a Black Friday discount of $325 for my Stingray. IN TRUTH the first one was for the Stingray, but I had an appointment to take her in for the oil change and didn't want to have to go thru the process again.. so I used it on the Yukon and then bought another one. I going to get my oil change today at 2pm and will be installing the Intune to the Stingray tonight so I can start my 150mile log for LEW to custom tune her for me. Based on the feel of the tranny, and the additional power in the Yukon I'm pretty confident that the LT1 will wake up even more.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Did the Canned 93 OCtane Tune to my Vette and already it feels like I'm pushing 500HP. Looking forward to see what LEW can come up with in his changes/mods to the tune.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts