Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got the Diablo Trinity warranty friendly tuner in Wednesday as well as the Green replacement air filter to do some very easy DIY before and after testing for you guys. We've worked with Green Filter a lot in the past couple years for our other nice builds. For you guys that want more HP, better shifts out of the auto Trans, and the ease of switching back to your stock tune - this is less than an hour in your driveway for 20-30 more hp! Plus the Diablo tuner is a great logging tool as well so you can see what is going in inside that plaster piece your piloting.

DiabloSport T1000 and Green Filter are $660 shipped.

Additionally we offer a big intake and out own filter spec for the CTS V and are working on one for the C7 as well.

Here was a before after from Diablo till I can get this car on the rollers!

·
Registered
489 Posts
This a real simple plug and play? Can you make it get rid of skip-shift? Also what is the exact hp and torque increase you got (I see the after numbers but what were the before numbers)?

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
This a real simple plug and play? Can you make it get rid of skip-shift? Also what is the exact hp and torque increase you got (I see the after numbers but what were the before numbers)?
They report the gains were about 20 rwhp and 25+ ft/lbs, much improved throttle response, improved shifting from the A6, and overall peppier feel from the tune. It also allows you to turn skip shift off or on for the M7.

They aren't vendors here so I won't post a direct link but you can Google "DiabloSport Corvette C7" and see a lot of discussion.

·
Registered
489 Posts
They report the gains were about 20 rwhp and 25+ ft/lbs, much improved throttle response, improved shifting from the A6, and overall peppier feel from the tune. It also allows you to turn skip shift off or on for the M7.

They aren't vendors here so I won't post a direct link but you can Google "DiabloSport Corvette C7" and see a lot of discussion.
Thanks appreciate it, I am very interested now. Only a week or so until "liotta" comes in and this will probably be the first mod.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Another question the diablo tuner always says PC. does this mean Windows and Mac compatible?

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Actually it's a hand held unit, 2 models. You update the hand held unit via a USB connection to a computer but you don't plug your computer into the car or the unit when it's connected to the car.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see there are a lot of guys doing their homework on here already! The above info is correct. The Diablo isn't new, it's tried and true on all sorts of makes and models. They took an immediate interest in the C7 and thus we get to reap the rewards right away. I've worked with them for my clients on cars all over but haven't tried one on my car before. I wanted to give them a shot due to my clients being so happy with it for some easy stage 1 modding. It holds your stock tune to be reloaded easily if needed for warranty work and doesn't leave a footprint on the PCM. It also has a 93 octane tune and they offer tweaking support as well if you want to send logs into them.

Thanks appreciate it, I am very interested now. Only a week or so until "liotta" comes in and this will probably be the first mod.
Exciting times man! Let me know when she comes in and I'll get you squared away with the tuner and intake filter. My intake will be available later this month too. :)

·
Registered
489 Posts
I see there are a lot of guys doing their homework on here already! The above info is correct. The Diablo isn't new, it's tried and true on all sorts of makes and models. They took an immediate interest in the C7 and thus we get to reap the rewards right away. I've worked with them for my clients on cars all over but haven't tried one on my car before. I wanted to give them a shot due to my clients being so happy with it for some easy stage 1 modding. It holds your stock tune to be reloaded easily if needed for warranty work and doesn't leave a footprint on the PCM. It also has a 93 octane tune and they offer tweaking support as well if you want to send logs into them.

Exciting times man! Let me know when she comes in and I'll get you squared away with the tuner and intake filter. My intake will be available later this month too. :)
Thanks a lot

·
Registered
489 Posts
are you going to be offering a full cold air intake? Do you feel that the green filter by itself is going to be good enough?

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes sir! Def doing a full intake in CF, already make one for other cars. Done some preliminary measurements and it should be done next month. Plan to reuse the same filter though so those parts aren't wasted.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yes sir! Def doing a full intake in CF, already make one for other cars. Done some preliminary measurements and it should be done next month. Plan to reuse the same filter though so those parts aren't wasted.
What are we looking at for price with CAI and Diablo because I may wait it out for that

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Diablo I can do $549 shipped, Green filter for this car is more exp at $105, and the intake tube/box is TBD. The intake tube and box can be added later, so you don't have to wait on them to get the increased HP now. You'll see 20-25whp and the response of the car is immediately better. I want to do a larger intake tube and TB offered as well so you'll have some options. I also have some fun stuff planned for these that will go very well with each and every car.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Diablo I can do $549 shipped, Green filter for this car is more exp at $105, and the intake tube/box is TBD. The intake tube and box can be added later, so you don't have to wait on them to get the increased HP now. You'll see 20-25whp and the response of the car is immediately better. I want to do a larger intake tube and TB offered as well so you'll have some options. I also have some fun stuff planned for these that will go very well with each and every car.
Nice! Looks like i will be a customer soon!

·
Registered
489 Posts
ok I should be hitting you up right after the tax return (or maybe earlier :D), keep me up to date

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sweet! Once I get to know you guys better, I do some in house credit accounts too with payments stretched out over a few pay periods to help. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts