Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had their DIC and HUD display stop working. Mine works intermittently with no rhyme or reason. I took it to the dealer and they finally saw it out of order. The tech connected his laptop and could not see the system through his diagnostic equipment. He will refer the problem to tech support and returned my car to me. A few days later it starts to work. I have 69 miles on my Z51 3LT convertible. A pic below is what I see when its out of order. Any ideas??

IMG_3950.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Is a cable or something loose and just needing to be pushed back in?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMO it most likely software related. I found a post on here that a few other members had the same issue. Supposedly the module isn't initializing on startup..

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
Hi Steve,

We would like to discuss this further with you. Please shoot us a message with how your dealer visit went, along with your VIN, dealer name and your contact information. We want to make sure that we find a resolution for you!

Marissa
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Car has been diagnosed. The dealer is replacing the DIC. Parts are on order. Hopefully that fixes these issues. While DIC/HUD is not working the radio volume buttons, favorite buttons and the voice buttons on the steering wheel don't work as well.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Car has been diagnosed. The dealer is replacing the DIC. Parts are on order. Hopefully that fixes these issues. While DIC/HUD is not working the radio volume buttons, favorite buttons and the voice buttons on the steering wheel don't work as well.
Steve; Please check out your repair ticket (when you get your car back) and let us know which parts were replaced. Do you know if they tried to re-flash your ECM's before they ordered new parts? I would have thought that would have fixed the radio "buttons" issue. I've seen others with the "buttons" issue, but was never clear on what it took to fix it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chip, the buttons worked as long as the DIC and HUD were working. As soon as it's fixed I'll let you know.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry, forgot to respond. Car has been fixed. Everything works beautifully. I even purchased the carbon fiber dash and the dealer swapped it in for free during the repair. It looks awesome!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415518396.341183.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts