Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wondering if there is any exterior physical difference between the 2014 and 2015 Stingray coupe? I was told there is not, but I figured this was the best place to find out for sure. Thanks!

·
Registered
95 Posts
2 new design packages later this year. 2015 dropped green, added orange. Basically minor changes all around except for the PDR and the A8 transmission.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Supposedly the NAV is improved, according to informal user reports.

·
Registered
29 Posts
So, from what I've been told, you can tell the difference externally ONLY if the Corvette is one of the two 2014 colors not available in 2015, one of the two 2015 colors introduced for 2015, if it has the "machined" wheel option (only 2015) OR if you are close enough to read "eight speed" on the gear selector knob on a vette so equipped. Other than that, no real outward indicators of a 2015?

·
Registered
80 Posts
2015 option for Carbon Flash badges

·
Registered
80 Posts
I drove my 2015 away from the Museum 3 weeks ago yesterday and I have been smiling the entire time. ?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I've been wondering if there is any exterior physical difference between the 2014 and 2015 Stingray coupe? I was told there is not, but I figured this was the best place to find out for sure. Thanks!
it looks to me as if the rear exhaust area is crafted somewhat differently, although all i have to go on is the "build" part of chevy site. difference is minor.

·
Administrator
16,497 Posts
it looks to me as if the rear exhaust area is crafted somewhat differently, although all i have to go on is the "build" part of chevy site. difference is minor.
What is it you noticed as being different in the exhaust area? We had two 2014s and a 2015 parked side by side and did not see any difference on the outside. Inside te shifter of the 2015 had the 8 speed notation, but that seemed to be the extent of the visible differences.

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
I heard that the new one has disabled HD Radio.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
HD was removed from the 2015 radios. There was a long thread about it that linked to an interview that stated GM was reworking the HD system for smoother transitions for fringe reception. 2015's DO NOT have HD radio.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is anyone still receiving the leather pouch from gm ? I still haven't received one, I picked up my 3lt up March 25th, still nothing. Who do I talk with???

·
Registered
307 Posts
Is anyone still receiving the leather pouch from gm ? I still haven't received one, I picked up my 3lt up March 25th, still nothing. Who do I talk with???
i truly do not mean this in any way negative re: the C7, but you are not really missing anything--unless you collect free gifts.

·
Registered
307 Posts
What is it you noticed as being different in the exhaust area? We had two 2014s and a 2015 parked side by side and did not see any difference on the outside. Inside te shifter of the 2015 had the 8 speed notation, but that seemed to be the extent of the visible differences.
maybe the one i saw was modified. i should have kept the picture, but did not. mea culpa.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts