Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
18,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ignore the first 7 minutes, 30 second of this video unless you want to see lots of poor Z06 parking attempts (took that long) but, on the positive side, lots of video if you are considering the new Tiger Shark Gray color. However, starting at the 7:30 time period, Tadge and Harlan talk about the Z06, its attributes, engineering, etc.

·
Registered
718 Posts
1. No significant exterior changes...what you see is what you will get;
2. ZO7....all or nothing;
3. Loving the TSG more and more especially with the pearl/nickel wheels.

Lastly...nice to see they finally got it parked. :D

·
18,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the last Q&A part, we essentially heard Tadge say the front fender spats are here to say, citing new European pedestrian safety standards. Sorry to convey this bad news, for have yet to hear anyone say or post that they really like the spats.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
I like the way the fenders look, just as they already have been shown on the preliminary Z06 models touring the country.

·
18,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rodney, glad to hear that. I am almost neutral, though of they changed to a full fender without the spats, would be good with that change. Feel the black spats fit in with so many other black parts of the car.

Elsewhere, been seeing lots of folks totally unhappy with the spats, calling it the "jeep look," and two folks even saying that because of the spats, not selling their C7 Z06 and ZR1 respectively.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Pedestrian safety Europeen standards. We have the same standard in Québec. The wheels coud be inside and all protected.

I personally prefer the full fenders that Chevrolet has developed for the C7.R. That harmonizes well with other parts of the skirt.

·
Registered
817 Posts
1. No significant exterior changes...what you see is what you will get;
2. ZO7....all or nothing;
3. Loving the TSG more and more especially with the pearl/nickel wheels.

Lastly...nice to see they finally got it parked. :D
1) I'm not in love with the spats, but they are kind of growing on me. Pretty much what I went through with the tail lights! (Hide)

2) I'd give up the Cup tires in a heart beat. In my eyes, they simply are not a great choice for street tires. However, the CCBs are a great choice for the street. Apparently Tadge feels pretty much the same. Hope!

3) The TSG and Pearl Nickel wheels is a really classy combination. Not so sure the Kalahari interior is for me. Red? Black? Grey? Dark grey? Decisions. Decisions!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I'm with you on the interior with the TSG it's red until I see the new Dark Grey and blue interior.

To me TSG, red interior and red calipers and Pearl Nickel wheels is current choice.

But Yellow is growing on me as well with all the black accents.

·
Registered
718 Posts
1) I'm not in love with the spats, but they are kind of growing on me. Pretty much what I went through with the tail lights! (Hide)

2) I'd give up the Cup tires in a heart beat. In my eyes, they simply are not a great choice for street tires. However, the CCBs are a great choice for the street. Apparently Tadge feels pretty much the same. Hope!

3) The TSG and Pearl Nickel wheels is a really classy combination. Not so sure the Kalahari interior is for me. Red? Black? Grey? Dark grey? Decisions. Decisions!

#3 You nailed it! Yes, the TSG and the pearl/nickel wheels is what I also call a high performance classy car look. The black blends very will with the TSG and doesn't stick out.

Now, if you want the hot rod look, then that would require a darker set of wheels, ie black or the dark grey((Q6J) Spectra Gray with Machined
Groove) that will be available along with dark accents like the black stinger hood.
Also, if you want the sports car look then to me that would be the bright ext. color with the high bright wheels...no black stinger hood.

Personally, I am going with the classy looking TSG and satin pearl/nickel wheels. I also like the darker interior to match like the new dark ZO6 gray in comb. with black.

Ready to order....where do I sign? :D

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Redc7, if you end up with VY, what wheels would you go with?
Well I need some bling so it's either the Nickel or maybe the chrome. ;) There's enough black on the car to offset all the yellow so I don't need the black wheels.

·
18,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Like that the Z06 will come with four wheel options. While I know there are great wheel options for the TSG, if only it came with a black chrome wheel option for my VY, for like tmcternan, last thing I want to do is to buy a new car, especially with the size of the wheels and run-flats tires a Z has, and take off the tires, get the wheels black chromed, then remounted, etc. I know, get over it, keep thinking about its 635+ TQ (unbelievably wonderful)...

Like you all, have to see the new "dark gray" interior, for it could be another great option, especially if it is light enough so that next to the black interior parts it doesn't look faded and has some contrast to it, yet not too light. Which leads us to....

The next question we get to wonder about, as we wait, and wait, and wait, is: With the Z06's two new unique interior colors, dark gray and blue, will GM "do away with" any StingRay interior colors -- and if so what one(s), or will the Z give us seven different interior color options?

What do you think?

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Good question and another question is will the 2 news colors be only for the Z06 and will GM then take away the option to get 2 of the Stingray interior colors?

·
18,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
GM's exact language is "• Unique Z06 steering wheel, badging, interior color breakup, Dark Gray interior and Blue interior."

My take is that dark gray and blue (and am sure hoping it is a dark blue like on the 60th Anniversary cars) will be unique to the Z06 for 2015, but would not be surprised if both of those colors become Stingray options for the 2016 model year.

Would be surprised if the 2015 Z06 gives us seven interior color choices. Believe we will retain the following interiors: black (most popular interior for 2014 and shown in the yellow Z06 show car); red, Brownstone and Kalahairi (the color shown in TSG Z06 show car. Do not believe we will have two gray interior options, so believe the 2014 light gray interior will not be a Z06 option.

What do you think?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Is it common for GM to have a + model car with interior colors not available in the base model?

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Is it common for GM to have a + model car with interior colors not available in the base model?
Cadillac also does it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts