Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 C7 Z51 with traction control seems to have full throttle power issues while on.
Seems to have limited power while getting on the freeway when you demand full throttle or while stopped in traffic and want to accelerate rapidly from dead stop and enter a free lane. I’m aware that the traction control is designed to limit wheel spin but seem overly limiting the engine power. I have selected to drive most of the time with the traction control off.
Does anyone have this concern?

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
Yes, many people have the same complaint.

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
In addition to what you wrote (turning off traction control), other things I have heard people do are to use the track setting, and to change the throttle body. Check out Soler Engineering.

·
Registered
35 Posts
is this programming on all years or just later models, I do not recall having the same issue. but I have not had a chance to drive the car in quite some time

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Did you buy the performance traction management option? I did not and have no issues with my 2015 Z51 getting on it when needed with the standard traction management system on.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Did you buy the performance traction management option? I did not and have no issues with my 2015 Z51 getting on it when needed with the standard traction management system on.
Same here, I have not had that problem at all with traction control. I do not have the Z51, nor the PTM. However, I have had a similar problem with the exhaust baffles getting stuck closed and restricting air flow (and engine power). It was intermittent, but the dealer replaced the exhaust (after my second visit for the problem). No issues since.

·
Registered
9 Posts
mjgraniero, when your exhaust valves were sticking closed and open did this make a flapping/fluttering noise behind the driver’s seat in the left rear wheel well area ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
My 2016 C7 Z51 with traction control seems to have full throttle power issues while on.
Seems to have limited power while getting on the freeway when you demand full throttle or while stopped in traffic and want to accelerate rapidly from dead stop and enter a free lane. I’m aware that the traction control is designed to limit wheel spin but seem overly limiting the engine power. I have selected to drive most of the time with the traction control off.
There may be factors such as which driving mode you're in, and has the engine and drive train come up to normal driving temp?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I haven’t had those issues on my 2014 M7 base. Switching to sport or track mode changes the throttle mapping and lessens the nannie controls/stabilitrak

·
Registered
503 Posts
I have a 14 Z51 and have never experienced this issue. I rarely turn off traction control.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 16 Z-51 7 speed. No issues, but remember when traction control is off you have a big chance of kicking out the rear end when you stand on it. I did and bounced of a curb destroying a rear wheel.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Maybe you're experiencing a lag from 4 cyl to 8 cyl lag? Do you have a Range Technology AFM disabler? .That might help. I have a '16 Z51, with the AFM disabler and never had that power concern.

·
Administrator
15,561 Posts
Maybe you're experiencing a lag from 4 cyl to 8 cyl lag? Do you have a Range Technology AFM disabler? .That might help. I have a '16 Z51, with the AFM disabler and never had that power concern.
I doubt that the issue Deputy dude is experiencing is a result of, or in anyway related to the AFM shift from 4 to 8 cylinders. He mentions also having the issue from a dead stop. When the C7 with auto trans is at a full stop, it is always in 8 cylinders. When you are moving, and the engine is not under 'demand' and if in 4 cylinder mode, the instant you step on the gas it switches from 4 to 8. Any lag would have to be from the engine and/or transmission.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the feedback gentlemen! I failed to mention in the initial post,that my Vette is a 2016 Z51 with automatic transmission. I would appreciate if some members with this same equipped VETTE are experiencing this issue and if so, have recommendations?
Thanks

·
Registered
526 Posts
I think traction control should always be on just to prevent any unwanted issues. If you floor the accelerator the computer thinks you want to engage the launch control. Read up on LC in the manual and then try it on a deserted highway.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts