3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FRONT

REAR

FINAL RESULT

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
how much did you lower your car? 1/2 inch, 3/4 or 1 inch?

·
Registered
993 Posts
A couple more tricks.
Use a 10 mm line wrench to significantly reduce the chance of rounding off the hex at the top of the bolt.
I marked mine so I could count the number of full revolutions.
One full revolution equals very close to 1/8" change in height.

Edit: Per GM 1 1/2" turns (540 degrees), results in an 1/8" adjustment, with counterclockwise for lowering, clockwise for raising.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how much did you lower your car? 1/2 inch, 3/4 or 1 inch?
1/4", which wasn't a lot because my bolts were already at a fairly low level. Some have seen much greater lowering because of where there factory bolts were set initially.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Are there any reports/documentation on if this affecting handling/performance at all? I love the looks, but I'm curious if GM had left them at a stock height for a reason.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Are there any reports/documentation on if this affecting handling/performance at all? I love the looks, but I'm curious if GM had left them at a stock height for a reason.
From what I have heard, there is no specification for the height when they come out of the factory: their initial heights all all over the place from one car to the next.

Does anyone have information which contradicts this?

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what I have heard, there is no specification for the height when they come out of the factory: their initial heights all all over the place from one car to the next.

Does anyone have information which contradicts this?
You are correct. They are adjustable intentionally, and particularly for track purposes. You are still within factory specs when you adjust these.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
You are correct. They are adjustable intentionally, and particularly for track purposes. You are still within factory specs when you adjust these.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app
The good question is why are they all over the place from GM? I would think they would be all adjusted exactly just like every motor is 6.2 and not 6.1 or 6.3:confused:

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
The good question is why are they all over the place from GM? I would think they would be all adjusted exactly just like every motor is 6.2 and not 6.1 or 6.3:confused:
Motors cannot be changed so easily; the ride height can. Setting these and checking the alignment will be two of the areas that will be on my contract for PDI requirements.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
1/4", which wasn't a lot because my bolts were already at a fairly low level. Some have seen much greater lowering because of where there factory bolts were set initially.
I just did mine today turned them counterclockwise until they can no longer turn, after you remove the jack and have the car on the floor you need to take it for a quick spin around the block in order for it to set in, at least I did, it lowered a total of 1/2 inch all the way around for my car.
Rear fender height before lowering was 28.75 now it is 28.25
Front fender height before lowering was 27.25 now it is 26.75
It looks much nicer, wife cannot tell the difference but you know that must be a girl thing :confused: no backlash from the ladies here please :eek:

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just did mine today turned them counterclockwise until they can no longer turn, after you remove the jack and have the car on the floor you need to take it for a quick spin around the block in order for it to set in, at least I did, it lowered a total of 1/2 inch all the way around for my car.
Rear fender height before lowering was 28.75 now it is 28.25
Front fender height before lowering was 27.25 now it is 26.75
It looks much nicer, wife cannot tell the difference but you know that must be a girl thing :confused: no backlash from the ladies here please :eek:
Good job! I lowered a friend's VY vert yesterday and it came down at least an inch. It was really setting high! lol

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Jeremy, great write up and pictures. Did you measure each wheel before lowering yours? Have you noticed any difference when rolling over speed bumps? We have some monster speed bumps around here. I will be putting my C7 closer to the ground.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jeremy, great write up and pictures. Did you measure each wheel before lowering yours? Have you noticed any difference when rolling over speed bumps? We have some monster speed bumps around here. I will be putting my C7 closer to the ground.

SF
Rick
I have the measurements somewhere, but mine wasn't set nearly as high as others. I haven't had any trouble with humps or inclines any more than I normally would have. Just watch where you drive and be careful.

has anyone lowered their cars with alignment heads on the vehicle to see how it affected camber and toe?
Alignment checks are always advised. Initial alignment is covered by factory warranty in many cases.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Not for me either. No reason it should, you haven't changed anything in the spring rate or shock valving.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

1 - 20 of 128 Posts