Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering since a lot of wives control the money
do they also drive your C7?
My wife loves the car wants to drive it.
She knows how to drive a stick.
Now looking for large empty parking lot.
Geo Vette

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Just wondering since a lot of wives control the money
do they also drive your C7?
My wife loves the car wants to drive it.
She knows how to drive a stick.
Now looking for large empty parking lot.
Geo Vette
She has a couple of times but the car intimidates her. She prefers to just look cute in the passenger seat. :)

·
Registered
658 Posts
My wife won't drive my C7 or mustang because she's scared of them. The mustang is too extreme and the Vette is my baby, lol.

·
Registered
522 Posts
This is a very fragile point in our household; the wife likes driving...but this is going to be my baby. I have been asking friends how they have tackled the situation and have heard a few clever thoughts, one being let her have the first drive from the dealership to home. As well, I have another who had the guilt conversation of how scared she would be to damage the car that this would be inevitable..

The most amusing, however, was told to me while fishing last week. My friend has two cars that are his babies. He has a camera in the garage that is between the garage doors and faces the cars. As soon as either door opens, the camera appears on his cell showing who is in either car and he has caught his wife actually going for a spin. He laughed stating that the expression on her face when he called her asking why she was in the car the first time could be viral on youtube.

Reactions: dwward and Sinner

·
Registered
533 Posts
My wife has driven all of OUR Corvette's and she can and may drive the C7 when it gets here...

Now ask me if I breath when she does.:eek:

LOL..

Reactions: PoconoG

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
I am buying an A8. She cannot drive a manual transmission.

We both work and have three separate funds: mine, hers, and "family fund" to which we both contribute a set percentage of our after-tax earnings. This arrangement really works well for us, and we have essentially zero disagreements over financial issues. She does what she wants with her money, and I do what I want with mine.

Of course, 100% of the Corvette will be paid out of my personal fund. So why, then, would I pay for all of it, and then buy something she can drive as well?

Hum... That is a great question. I suppose I am a sucker. Ha! ... In all seriousness, I will enjoy letting her drive it as long as she doesn't damage it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
She has a couple of times but the car intimidates her. She prefers to just look cute in the passenger seat. :)
This fits my wife as well. She drove my C6 without any issues but for some reason, does not really want to drive the C7.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
My wife loves driving OUR C7, and it was her dream of owning a Corvette for over 30 years that was the catalyst for buying it.

Now our biggest argument is about how to drive it and who is going to get the discounted Ron Fellows course. SHe thinks she needs it to push her to find out how to drive it, where I say I'll get more out of it since I'm going to track the car a bit once it's broken in.

She generally drives it gently, and thoroughly enjoys it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My wife has no desire to drive it now. She knows how much I care about "my baby" and afraid if something happen how I will be reacting.
She told me that when the car is at least 5 years old she may drive it.
That`s fine for me.:p Stingy has her own garage on the side of the house and I`m the only one with the key`s .

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've had 66 cars...The wife has known me for 65 of those....
She driven it and really likes the C7.

No issues here...
She lets me drive her car too...

Reactions: 63Split

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes. She is with me all the time. She passed away a few years ago after a long 10 year courageous battle with cancer. Before she died she said I know how much you like hot cars so after I am gone take my IRA and buy yourself a Corvette.......so I did. She is driving with me every day. Had two Corvettes before we were married.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Yes, Sandy has driven it and I often offer to let her drive but she almost always says no, as she knows how I love to drive it!

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
There's no chance in hell that my wife will ever get to drive the C7 - besides she has no knowledge of manuals. She has a bullet-proof Accord (figuratively :rolleyes:) that gets her where she needs to be, and she is welcome to use my SUV when she wants 4WD.

Great marriage of 14 years.

·
Registered
41 Posts
We have had Corvettes in our family since meeting and marrying. I have driven my Corvette almost exclusively. My question is should I let my husband drive my new baby when it comes. I am switching from the 6 speed manual to the A8 with paddle shift. I 'm sure he won't be insulted as he does have his 63 Split to drive.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Of course my wife drives my Corvette. She grew up with manual transmissions, as did I. She prefers her 370Z, which is fine by me. The C7 is a pretty masculine car, and she just doesn't identify with it as I do.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts