Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I was on the freeway and I came upon a car carrier with lots of big Chevy trucks on it. In the back though, on the 'first to be unloaded' lower level, was an obvious C7. Made me have a big grin just thinking how happy SOMEBODY was going to be today.

I did briefly consider following to see if it was going to the dealership where I'll have my courtesy delivery later this year.... but I didn't have the time. It was going in the right direction and the dealership was only 10 miles from where I spotted the truck.

I'm sure I could have done circles around him and MAYBE hinted at the paint color. However, I can say that those covers do a fabulous job covering everything but the wheels and all I can say about it for sure was it had Z51 chrome wheels!

Its good to have things to smile about! ;)

Later, on the same drive, I saw a Prius swerving all over the road. I stayed back until I could pass him quickly and thought for sure he must have been texting. I mean, he was ALL over the road, swerving into other lanes, and had a loose front bumper cover already. (Imagine that.) He guy was trying to READ in his lap while he drove. He hardly looked up. Scary stuff. :mad: He needs to take the train to work.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
The only C7 I have seen on the public roads around here was some out of state tourista coming into Vermont on a Friday afternoon for a weekend. The driver seemed to be having fun on our local 2 lane road. As he was going the other way, I can't say I remember any details.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Always a smile when I see the Corvettes coming.

I laugh when I see Prius'. Especially passing me on the interstate cuz I know at that speed I'm getting better mileage than they are.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have yet to see a carrier with C7's, but I have seen a couple on the road. Last week, on my drive home a Black C7 Coupe with full Length Blade Silver Stripes, went by me in the car pool lane. It was stunning. I never considered the Black, Silver combination, but this C7, with the Chrome Z51 weels was absolutley outstanding.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I laugh when I see Prius'.
I hate seeing a Prius in the fast lane being a self regulating speed monitor. They should be in the slow lane at 5 under, isn't that why you buy one? To get the best mileage possible?

Reactions: Z51Stingray

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just the thought of a carrier full of C7's is enough to get me grinning like a Cheshire cat!

And the opposite for distracted drivers, a good friend of mine was killed almost two years ago when he was rear ended by a distracted driver.

God help anyone who hits me because they're messing around with their phone. They better hope they have the "text from your colon hands-free" app...

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
That is a big boy hanging out that window. It almost looks like he is driving a 5/6 scale model.

Reactions: Suzy Cruisy

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yesterday, while "caravaning" toward Bowling Green KY, south of Owensboro, I met a northbound transport fully loaded with new Stingrays. Immediately thought of this thread and, of course, I smiled out loud.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts